Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So, where dya'll work?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

I work at a stables. It's awesome :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Going to be working almost full-time with my dad's construction company for the summer. Basically, I'm being used as cheap labour to do all the jobs that require absolutely no skill, and I'll be more than glad for the income.
    Not too enthused by the actual work though. It sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭cheesefiend

I work in the dogs taking bets. It's good craic but I'm really bad at it. People ask me questions and I just make up some bull**** and hope they don't see through it. So far this system works.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Il be dropping in more CV's tomorrow. I hope somebody is foolish enough to hire me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

I work in the lift industry at the moment...its a bit up and down though....in reality I,m on a CE scheme,keep myself busy with nixers and hope to go back to do a college course in september.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

mattjack wrote: »
    I work in the lift industry at the moment...its a bit up and down though..

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Where ever i can get booked because its so hard for a bar or a nightclub to book you when your 19 and play very little chart music. Must of my work come from the indie nights around the town i work in and must of the time i dont even get paid for it and if i do its very little. The only way i got booked the 1st time is because i know the bar manager very well

In the town where i am from the main bar will not even speak to me even for free so i am in look if i get a day or two here or there

what? lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

callaway92 wrote: »
    what? lol

I KNOW, i KNOW...LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 9,708 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

I work for Disney :D

disney-365-disney-dream.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

I started a second job last night in a restaurant/ ice-cream place , and was then rang by my boss in the hotel saying he will be giving me more hours... So my two jobs are going to clash for def. Disaster. And all year long there was no work-typical!
    Just say no, if you like the 2nd job :) They can hire someone else. Just explain that they weren't giving you extra hours for the year, and you've had to find a 2nd job. Or drop the 2nd job (but remember that those extra hours are likely just for Summer!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

I started my new job in a sweets and milkshakes shop last week. It's grand. In a couple of weeks I'll be working full-time in their newly-opened, probably much busier shop in Jervis... that might be tough. Need delicious money though!

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

I've actually... er, never had a job! D: I feel quite ashamed of that, given that I'm just about to finish college. I have had quite a few commissions over the years, though, mostly designing posters, flyers, pamphlets and stuff of that sort, so that's something. I've also given a few Science/Physics grinds, but still, I'm pretty sure my CV is currently vastly inadequate. So, with my summer's worth of freedom starting next Wednesday, I thought this would be a good time to get some work experience under my belt.

I've tried before, but my CVs must have sucked... all I've got to show from those numerous attempts is one lousy letter of rejection. :p This time I'm trying to write three separate CVs that I can use to target different places I might have a chance at getting a job at. I've got the first one (for printing/graphics design type jobbies) finished, but I haven't put any references down at the end. Would that be a big disadvantage? Two recent names I could put down are of random college students who paid me to do stuff for them, but I'm not sure how useful that would be... would it be better to write something like "references available on request"?

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

Strangely enough, I just got offered to go for an interview this weekend for a shop in Dublin City. It's made how things come about when you're talking about them :D

I take it ye're Longford men?

Well I handed in some CV's today. I don't expect to hear back from anyone :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I take it ye're Longford men?

Well I handed in some CV's today. I don't expect to hear back from anyone :(

people live in Longford? :D

South Tipperary here :|

South Tipperary here :|

Theres another team called the Slashers? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Ahem. Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

I like my job, hate hate HATE working at 7am every Sunday but can't complain at the fact that I get hours all through the college year. I work in a golf club, in the shop part, so its a mixture of sales assistant and administration work. I've been there for 4 years :)

Recently my really lovely boss had to retire, so theres been a lot of changes, but still getting a lot of hours with a good bit of flexibility since we organise ourselves what days we want to work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Mod Warning:

If anyone suspects a user as trolling or having duplicate accounts please do not bring it up on thread. That is what the report post function is for so a thread does not have to be derailed.

I'm going back and deleting any off topic posts now, and any more comments like previous ones will result in infractions.

Kateos2

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭marko93

Start work in the airport as soon as i finish the Leaving Cert.
    Helllo custom built computer :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Skintwin

Been working in Schuh for the last month or so...bloody hard work, but good fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

I work in a hotel doing housekeeping :( Hate it soo much.
    I have a few hours in my local shop as well. Absolutly love it :D
    And I also babysit which is soo handy for money :)

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭ihavequestions

My new boss rang me yesterday at 1.30pm and wanted me to come in at 2.30pm cause they were busy, but I couldn't cause I was babysitting and he knew I had work at 6pm then in my other job. Now I'm worried he will think I'm unrealiable and won't be able to work much so he'l just dump me! Good thing I'm working 3 days this week in my other job...amounting to a whole 12 hours! Money is money!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭partyndbs

im workin but planning on giving up in july 2 actuali enjoy my summer...have a lot of cash so no point just having loads of money for sake of it. ill be working long enough

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Partyndbs: Please do not use text speak, it is against the charter of Clearasil and Hormones, and if you continue to use it, it will result in infractions/bans.

Kateos2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Some of us don't have an unlimited supply of money, and/or would like to gain experience to help applying for future positions.

chill out man

If I had a job I'd be hanging onto it.

why like? dont u wanna enjoy the best months of the year in ireland. work takes up too much time

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

partyndbs wrote: »
    why like? dont u wanna enjoy the best months of the year in ireland. work takes up too much time

It's possible to do both.

Also, winter is under-rated.

Advertisement