Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo

Options
  • 31-05-2011 8:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭

Where to get first tattoo in waterford, asked this over in the tattoo and piercing section, but all is coming up is jmds, anyone here know of a few, just want to get a few prices, since it me first

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

JMD's would be your first port of call, he's top notch and I think about 120 an hour or there abouts. You could also check out swineline or yakuza, haven't heard much about either but wouldn't go to the second place in an act myself. My bro does mine :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

I've never been to either but have a few mates who swear by Swineline

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Swineline FTW!!

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Kitty_Ears

Everyone raves about JMD's as though it's something.

I went there for my first tattoo, fairly small wrist one.

Yer man rushed through it (took him about 15 mins) and made mistakes, went outside lines and the writing was inconsitant in size and thickness.

120 euro down the drain right there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Yakuza.
    Jmd is good if ya dont mind a cocky sheite doing it.
    One of me mates does mine.
    Wouldn't go to Swineline if they offered to do it for free. They're alright but they're dopes to listen to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭kkdela6

yea swineline are a pack of gowls. have to agree with seany here.
    went to jmd for my first tattoo about 3 years ago because i was told how 'great' they were. a pure black tattoo, and its after fading so much it looks green.
    quality me hole and they talk down to ya if you dont already have a sleeve or something. then tryin to charge extortionate prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭DaleB91

Yakusa man! As i said in the tattoo and piercing forum im heavely tattoo'd and couldnt recommend anyone else but dan! Such a nice guy, easy to talk to and TOP quality tattoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

I got a commemorative one done in Yakuza a few months ago. When I showed him what I wanted done, he said he'd need to enlarge it or it wouldn't look too sharp in later years. For 90 mins work, he still only charged me €100 and it looks great. He's full of funny conversation too. I wouldn't go elsewhere if I was you.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Cant complain about Yakuza at all. Dan did my back about 4 years ago and it still looks perfect. Currently in the middle of him doing a half sleeve and the linework and filling are perfect (and theres a lot of fcukin lines. Damn polynesian :pac: )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭tankbarry

Ive got a few off Neil in Swineline and havent had any problems.........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Why?

Oh FFS, would you all stop with the 'why would you do that?'

It's a personal choice. Some do it to look cool, some because they like artwork, some for personal reasons such commemorating a lost-relative. It's up to them and they haven't come on to ask if they should get one or not. Their mind is made up and they're looking for good advice.

I didn't see any of you asking why someone would want to pile on the calories eating one of those super fcuking blaas! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

If you have a look through the thread in the tattoo an piercing forum you can check out some of the work done in JMD's looky here.
    You will not get that quality of work in swineline or yakuza but they are alright for small pieces, maybe scripts or tribal and they are cheaper which as it's your first one might be just what you're looking for. All tattoo's are going to fade over time, depending on where you get them done and how big or small they are but if you have any questions about it just ask and any of them should be able to help put your mind at ease. best of luck

[edit: I've seen a back piece done in yakuza an while it was "alright" it went blue and rubbed looking fairly fast, if it goes blue they're not using cream inks just the cheaper stuff and that will happen to them. I've also seen a dragon on someones calf and it was fairly basic, not much shading and you could see it was done quickly..I wouldn't fancy having either.]

the question is not why, but why not?

kkdela6 wrote: »
    the question is not why, but why not?

To fecking right. I cant wait to get me two sleeves done.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Kitty_Ears

That failing seany you could always go to Black Widow and buy thoses tattoo sleves, basically like decorated tights for your arms. You'll be flying.

Kitty_Ears wrote: »
    That failing seany you could always go to Black Widow and buy thoses tattoo sleves, basically like decorated tights for your arms. You'll be flying.
    Ha me father got them for some party a few years ago.
    One of the lads I know does tattoos so ill get more off him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

good question, I know of three employers who don't do rings or tat's, wont say it publicly, but if you turn up for an interview with either you are not going to get the job.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

It's 2011, if people want to get tattoo's it's their choice.

I've heard the lads on Swineline pointblank refusing to put tatts on people's hands cus of the stigma attached with potential employers.

I've seen police officers in the states with full sleeves of tatts, people working in offices with sleeves also....

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

Yer man rushed through it (took him about 15 mins) and made mistakes, went outside lines and the writing was inconsitant in size and thickness.

I agree with everything above. My second and third tats were in jmds. Only small wrist and ankle but the ankle one was rushed and I felt like just because I was getting something real simple there was no enthusiasm or care taken. The lines on the one on my ankle are wonky and I'm still unhappy. Had my forth and fifth done in one sitting in swineline. Two friends came and had theirs done too and we had a great day. Can't complain about the service, the tattoo or the price. I have a pure pink piece on my back and it's been maybe three years now and it's still in perfect nick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

Ooh also I asked yer man in swineline to replicate a previous tattoo I had on the other side of my back. I brought in the original pic to him but he informed me that the other artist had done a little free handing adding dots here and there so he said he could only try his best to get it almost the same and he did and he did a good job.

wellboytoo wrote: »
    good question, I know of three employers who don't do rings or tat's, wont say it publicly, but if you turn up for an interview with either you are not going to get the job.
    That's me fooked so. Have me earlobes stretched to 16mm. Hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

wellboytoo wrote: »

and i know many more than three employers that dont give a **** if you have tatts or not...

so you are saying not to get a tattoo done on the prospect that you might want to work for one of these three employers....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 GaylaBells02

many says that people with tatooes are sick??????

many says that people with tatooes are sick??????

Oh yeah, we're sick alright...and gay...and rapists...and armed robbers...and Spurs fans... I might even be black :rolleyes:

many says that people with tatooes are sick?????? bad ass?

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

I have to agree with you there.
    I got chinese writing on me arm in which i have the same letters used again. You can see noticable difference between the letters and the general size of the letters.
    I got 3 others done down in swineline (although the last was over 7 years ago) and i think the lads are top notch down there. Great laugh off Sammy, the man is off his head, and he even recoloured another tat i had done before for free.
    Where is Yakusa. Never heard of it before.

cococoady wrote: »
    I have to agree with you there.
    I got chinese writing on me arm in which i have the same letters used again. You can see noticable difference between the letters and the general size of the letters.
    I got 3 others done down in swineline (although the last was over 7 years ago) and i think the lads are top notch down there. Great laugh off Sammy, the man is off his head, and he even recoloured another tat i had done before for free.
    Where is Yakusa. Never heard of it before.

Michael St, at the foot of Alexander St. Above the bookies.

gscully wrote: »
    Oh yeah, we're sick alright...and gay...and rapists...and armed robbers...and Spurs fans... I might even be black :rolleyes:

Omg that cheek. I'd never support spurs :pac:

• Advertisement

seanybiker wrote: »
    Omg that cheek. I'd never support spurs :pac:

Neither would rapists and paedophiles :D

Sorry Zeidth :p

Advertisement