Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Kitty_Ears

I was told swineline water down the ink and it fades fast though (cant confirm this myself, was only said to me) so I dunno who to go to for my next tattoo.. Theres a lad over in ferry bank who's doing them now and he's supposed to be grand.

Got my snakebites done in Swineline... first one was grand but when I went in for the second the girl answered her phone after clamping my lip and then pierced it lower than the other side :L The joys, that one got infected too.

Know a girl who's apparently sueing swineline atm for fecking up her cheek piercings. Hit her glads and all apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

see ya wouldn't know whether you're coming or going would you! I'm looking to get my labaret pierced again and I cannot for the life of me decide where to go and to be honest that's whats slowing me down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Daisie_

Where abouts is Swineline? Was actually just about to book an appointmeny with JMD (small wrist piece) But now i'm unsure! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

see ya wouldn't know whether you're coming or going would you! I'm looking to get my labaret pierced again and I cannot for the life of me decide where to go and to be honest that's whats slowing me down.
    get the cannula needles off the net and do it yourself sure. I git five of em a few weeks ago for a couple of euro. Must remind myself to have a ring to put through my septum the next time I pierce it though lol

seanybiker wrote: »
    get the cannula needles off the net and do it yourself sure. I git five of em a few weeks ago for a couple of euro. Must remind myself to have a ring to put through my septum the next time I pierce it though lol

yeah not gona do that lol :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Kitty_Ears wrote: »
    I was told swineline water down the ink and it fades fast though (cant confirm this myself, was only said to me) so I dunno who to go to for my next tattoo.. Theres a lad over in ferry bank who's doing them now and he's supposed to be grand.
    Know a girl who's apparently sueing swineline atm for fecking up her cheek piercings. Hit her glads and all apparently.

I'd love to know what they were using to 'waterdown' the ink.....I call bull**** here.

eeloe wrote: »
    I'd love to know what they were using to 'waterdown' the ink.....I call bull**** here.

Well like I said I got a full bright pink piece there I think in Dec 07 and I'd imagine pink would fade horrendously and 3 1/2 years later it's still perfect. As is the black piece done next to it so I could't complain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭banjacksed

Now im confused, whats this with the cheap ink? how am i supposed to know if their using cheap ink,

I dont mind paying but want propper sh**, you know what i mean , Regardless of what im buying :D

banjacksed wrote: »
    Now im confused, whats this with the cheap ink? how am i supposed to know if their using cheap ink,

I dont mind paying but want propper sh**, you know what i mean , Regardless of what im buying :D

Dont worry about it, there'a always rumours about artists using sheite ink and then the dirty needle causing Hep and everything.

Dont worry about it, there'a always rumours about artists using sheite ink and then the dirty needle causing Hep and everything.

Lol now you're really scaring him mentioning hep! But it's true everyone has their preferences. Go with you're gut feeling and remember they open the needles fresh out of the pack in front of you to show it's not used lol :)

• Advertisement

Lol now you're really scaring him mentioning hep! But it's true everyone has their preferences. Go with you're gut feeling and remember they open the needles fresh out of the pack in front of you to show it's not used lol :)

Hahaha he be grand lol. Gotta go. Cdwm starting woo

It could be bull alright Eoloe, that's why I said I'd only heard it and couldn't confirm it :)

Two friends of mine who got tattoos there had them fade very fast but saying that I've other friends who got perfect tattoos there!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I have quite a few pieces, all done by the lads, and they are PERFECT!

I'm not affiliated with anyone in Swineline, I just always use them due to be being happy with the work, and I enjoy going there....

Just infuriates me when people post **** like this about guys trying to run a business, it's hard enough to do without stuff like this coming online.

Ok booked in for saturday :D, So going out tonight to get langered, caus no beer 2moro,

Only question is where will i get intoxicated tonight:D i can see myself getting poured into a taxi later ;)

Oh yes all wellcome to join me

banjacksed wrote: »
    Ok booked in for saturday :D, So going out tonight to get langered, caus no beer 2moro,

Only question is where will i get intoxicated tonight:D i can see myself getting poured into a taxi later ;)

Oh yes all wellcome to join me
    I went straight the pub into the tattoo place. :)

I went straight the pub into the tattoo place. :)

Yea im saying i wont but i know i will :D

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

Good luck with the tattoo (and for the love of all that is good don't go in hammered or badly hungover, if nothing else other than the blood will p*ss out of you when they tattoo you!).

TBH ignore any scaremongering about any of the tattoo businesses in Waterford, sure they'd be shut down quicksmart (not to mention they'd have gone under from a complete lack of customers anyway because everyone in the whole town would know about it if it actually happened) if they were using dirty needles and giving people hep etc.

They'd all be using fresh sterile needles opened out of a pack in front of you.

You'll have to come back and let us know how you get on :)

I was only messing about the hep. Taking the Michael outta all the rumours I heard was all. Remember that voitek chap? He was mad lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

Ah I wasn't aiming that at yourself at all Seany, was agreeing with you on the ignoring mad rumours about dirty needles and the like, sure they'd all be out of business (and in serious trouble) in a matter of weeks if they were going round giving people leprosy or whatnot :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭tankbarry

im getting tattoo's in swineline for 2 years now everytime I get tattooed im shown the needles being open and bent and put in the needle box. I also see this with the girl that does the pierceing.... If people are getting infections from pierceings maybe there not doing what the girl clearly tells them to do( dont play with your tongue pierceing because your hands that maybe dirty might cause an infection).......

And 1 more thing is no chance of the ink being watered down ive got the whole leg done in black and its still perfect. People are washing and cleaning there tattoos too much after getting it done I think this causes the tattoo to lose colour....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

tankbarry wrote: »
    im getting tattoo's in swineline for 2 years now everytime I get tattooed im shown the needles being open and bent and put in the needle box. I also see this with the girl that does the pierceing.... If people are getting infections from pierceings maybe there not doing what the girl clearly tells them to do( dont play with your tongue pierceing because your hands that maybe dirty might cause an infection).......

And 1 more thing is no chance of the ink being watered down ive got the whole leg done in black and its still perfect. People are washing and cleaning there tattoos too much after getting it done I think this causes the tattoo to lose colour....

there are different grades of ink, I don't know anything about them being watered down anywhere, can't imagine they would be easy to tattoo with if they were watered down but the higher quality ones are a little more expensive, just not that much to be detrimental to the business. I've also read that different skin types react differently to inks and can partly be the reason why some peoples tattoos change colour or fade significantly afterward.

Truely sorry, didn't mean to start a debate on wether or not the ink was watered down :L Just saying that some one had said it, but I did add that I didn't know!
    They do use clean needles alright, they always showed me them being taken out of the pack when I got piercings in there.
    The girl I mentioned didn't get an infection from dirty needles anyways, she said it was to do with putting in wrong sized jewlery.
    sorry again :L

Truely sorry, didn't mean to start a debate on wether or not the ink was watered down :L Just saying that some one had said it, but I did add that I didn't know!
    They do use clean needles alright, they always showed me them being taken out of the pack when I got piercings in there.
    The girl I mentioned didn't get an infection from dirty needles anyways, she said it was to do with putting in wrong sized jewlery.
    sorry again :L
    lol no need to apologise. We where just going on about rumours in general.
    The lads in there are still dicks lol

Yeah they are :L
    I got my lip pierced in there when I was about 13 or 14, they kept telling my girlfriend she wouldn't be getting oral for weeks. We where morto >_< haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Himself has had all his work done by Joe in JMDs. He has been going in there since he was in his early twenties. After seeing the work, seeing the shop, meeting all the staff on a few separate occasions and listening to the way they speak to customers I wouldn't go anywhere else. Joe is an absolute gent, as is Ian and the two ladies in there are sound out.

Himself has a full backpiece, done by Joe and he gets complimented on it all of the time. Joe puts a lot of detail and artistry into the work and if you give him some freedom with the design (i know some people do just hand in a picture and want exactly what's in the picture) you'll end up with a completely unique tattoo.

Yeah they are :L
    I got my lip pierced in there when I was about 13 or 14, they kept telling my girlfriend she wouldn't be getting oral for weeks. We where morto >_< haha.

Yeah they're always at this crap. Meh fook it. Leave em off.

Ok got it done the weekend, everything grand and very happy, the guy was sound, a few people put me on to him that got work done and they were happy, and so am I, now planning the next one :D.

Who did it? Show us a pic :D

Who did it? Show us a pic :D

The guy that done it dont have a shop so il not give out his name here, not that he not told me to, But i will say he is turkish / palastinian i think, anyway my mates know him more than I, Was done in his house and it was grand only charged me 60 but i gave him 80.

No Pics, Il be banned for nudity ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

got my first one done in JMDS, had no real idea at the time what i wanted as i bought the deposit of a friend the night before.....however i just wanted to experience it, live for the moment.....so went bout two hours before hand and was looking at simple designs that he threw a huge figure on, i had 250 on me ( not including the 30 deposit that was all ready paid). had to settle on a basic tribal band cause i couldnt afford anythin.

The woman in there was sound, kept tryin to help me but the artists was a ass.....kept throwin out random numbers which excedded my limit.....when i settled on my tribal band he literally bitch and moaned because he didnt wanna do a "basic" tribal ****e.

I sat there for close to a hour as he compleately ignored me and chatted to a friend who walked it. Tat is fairly faded now, however it has been 4 years and my arm has gotten considerably bigger.....just a ****e experience that i dont regret as it has afforded me the willingness to go to different places and check em out.

Next one was done in Kilkenny for example by a extremely capable artist Luca.....very happy with it to this day :)

Advertisement