Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Learning Irish

Options
  • 31-05-2011 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hey all,

I'm looking for ways to improve on my conversational Irish. Does anyone know of any groups or anything like that around the town/area that offer this?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

There's a Conradh na Gaeilge group based in Wexford town but that's all I know I'm afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭thedarkroom

Hey all,

I'm looking for ways to improve on my conversational Irish. Does anyone know of any groups or anything like that around the town/area that offer this?

Thanks in advance

That's a good idea, if anyone knows of one near Gorey I'd consider doing the same.

D O'C

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭WexfordWarrior

hi ciara,

a mate of mine runs the wexford irish culteral and speaking group called "Na Macallai". i know they meet regularly around wexford town but mostly in the sky and the ground sports bar, fridays, every second week i think... could be more often now...its been a while since i went.... lots of people attend actually and they regularly run events in the town with musicians singing as gailge and also have ran a fairly big event in selskar square last summer with liam o maonlai

you can find their link and events here : http://www.lochgarman.ie/

hope this helps and i might see you there for an old caint as gailge ! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭WexfordWarrior

your in luck ciara....just checked.... they are having a meeting of their regular club solas in the sky and the ground this friday 03-06-11 starting at 9.30 ...

a bheith ann ! :)

Advertisement