Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

english poetry again...sorry!...

• 31-05-2011 8:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

How many poems and themes do you have to mention in your poetry answer?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Four poems per answer and three themes for each poem.

Also make sure to use a quote for each theme to back up your points and you should be fine.

Good luck:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭irishgirl10

Our teacher says 3 in detail and then maybe mention a 4th just to be safe. The main thing is to show the examiner that you know your poet.
    Themes, Im not sure. I would imagine that the more you can the better? Saying that, I did a Robert Frost question and only focused on the theme on Nature and Unseen Forces and got an A. For some poets, like Wordsworth, there are limited themes so the examiner will probably take that into account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fulhamfanincork

Thanks! Great help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭irishgirl10

No prob, good luck! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I usually aim for 6 poems and as for themes, it depends on what the question is about and who the poet is. Some poets I talk more about use of language and such. But I don't go themes for poem, I have say four topics in an answer and if a quote from that poem is relevant it will go in there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement