Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know anything about three's upgrade procedure?

Options
  • 31-05-2011 8:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

With Three for almost a year now on the ultimate flex max plan (€95 a month) this is great value, as I am a frequent caller to family up north.

Only thing is, at 11 months into an 18 month contract, I have paid well over a grand (my bills are norm 110plus) but Three tell me I will not be eligible for an upgrade until Jan or Feb 2012 :eek::eek::eek:

O2 may have been a share of robbin hures :D, but they let me have a platinum upgrade once a year, and it was normally any phone for free (ANY phone) as I had spent a lot of money to justify it.

I'm the kinda guy likes to change his model once a year :D

Apart from this, still think Threes miles ahead of any other service provider in Ireland.

All help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭bd250110

I think the Irish market was a bit out of line on upgrades for quite a while. If you are on an 18 month contract you wont get an upgrade until the last month of the contract (although some operators do allow you to upgrade 3 months early).
    With o2 it may have been that you were on a 12 month contract?

The only option would be to buy a phone SIM free, Im afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

If your on a 12 month contract you get an upgrade after 10 months, on 18 month after 16 months and on 24 month after 22 month contract (with Three)

Advertisement