Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freesat HD Box

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭maringo

Saw some in Power City yesterday but only saw 1 model with record function. Might be worth having a look there.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭woidoi

Bought this myself when it was 99 sterling from Amazon. Excellent box, good build quality, superb pictures both HD and SD. It was voted best Freesat receiver last year. It only has one tuner but that has never been an issue for me, I have a life!

I use mine with a 16GB USB key I got from Play. I thought I would upgrade to a bigger hard drive but to be honest I have discovered over the years that if I don't watch a programme within a week I never watch it. So the 16GB stick is fine. You could of course team it with one of those drives from Aldi that are reduced at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

Thanks guys, had a look on power city and they only had one Freesat HD box, most of there's were just free to air. Want the 7 day epg as my current now and next is annoying!

Yeah it does sound like the amazon one is best way to go. Don't know if i'd record too much myself either as I tend to just acquire films and series I want to watch online, also don't think the single tuner will be much of an issue for me either.

I'll buy it next payday I suppose! Cheers for the info!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,418 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Over anf above the 8 or so Irish Channels on SaorView - what does this give you if you live in Ireland (Dublin)?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭woidoi

This box doesn't pick up the Irish stations. You need a Saorview receiver or Tele to get the the Irish Digital stations. Discussed on boards here

This box is for Freesat which is basically picking up the British Free Satellite Service. Discussed on boards.ie here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,418 ✭✭✭✭noodler

woidoi wrote: »
    This box doesn't pick up the Irish stations. You need a Saorview receiver or Tele to get the the Irish Digital stations. Discussed on boards here

This box is for Freesat which is basically picking up the British Free Satellite Service. Discussed on boards.ie here

Thanks, I have no Sat Dish so ..whoops!

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭MrAbc

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

This crowd could be good, my brother mentioned them to me.

Advertisement