Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing Bicycle after RAS 2011

Options
  • 31-05-2011 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭

Mods please feel free to delete if necessary I know it's already mentioned on the Cycling forum but considering it probably happened in NCD I'm popping the information here?
    David McCann's splendid win in Skerries has been marred by the loss of his bike, message follows:

I would appreciate your help in maybe getting word out (group
    e-mail or otherwise) to any of the race personnel that might not have
    heard about the bike falling off the car as the more people that know
    the better chance of finding it.

Its a blue/black Giant TCR advanced frame. With a square shaped
    diagonal down tube and built in seatpost.
    Sram red components.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2404/5773152613_a90a4e1cfa.jpg [1]

Rear wheel was a black/yellow Mavic Cosmic Carbone with a PowerTap hub.

Most distinctive was the chainset which may be the only one of its kind
    in Europe. Its an oval shaped RIDEA TT chainset.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Picture of the bike:
    dmc_giant_tcr_advanced.jpg

The rear wheel is not the same as in the picture:
    mavic_cosmic_carbon_powertap.jpg

The most distinctive, and possibly unique (in Ireland) feature is it's front crank:
    ridea-oval-tt-chainset.jpg

The bike fell off the team car and was originally seen between Garristown and Springhill on the roadside/verge

When the team went back to retrieve the bike it had disappeared

If anyone has any info, please PM me

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Bike was retrieved by someone in the Naul who saw the posters and made contact with the locals looking for it - story here

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Nice one. Just out of interest....how much would that bike be worth (ish)?

The wheels alone will be over 2 grand. The frame will be another €1k+ and you could add another €1-2k for the groupset. When you add all the extras you're talking well over €5k.

Advertisement