Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More History Essays

• 31-05-2011 9:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭

If anyone wants the following essays send me your email in a PM.
    I've written a few more since my last post so hopefully they help some of you.

America
    1. How did consensus collapse in the USA 1945-1989?
    2. Montgomery Bus Boycott contribution to Civil Rights Movement
    3. Moon Landing impact on domestic and foreign affairs
    4. How did US foreign policy contribute to the end of Cold War tensions?

Europe
    1. How successful was Britain in dealing with social/economic problems of inter-war years?
    2. How did Lenin establish a Communist state?
    3. What were the successes and failures of Lenin's regime?
    4. What led to the growth of fascism?
    5. What problems did the Third Republic of France encounter?
    6. What role did terror play in Stalinist Russia?
    7. What was the impact of the "home front" on Great Britain?
    8. What were the main characteristics of the Nazi state?

Ireland
    1. Sinn Fein's success in 1918 election?
    2. How did the Unionist party manage the affairs of Northern Ireland?
    3. What was the impact of WWII on society/economy in Ireland?
    4. Compare and contrast economic/social policies of Cumann na nGaedheal and Fianna Fail
    5. What were the main stages of the Anglo-Irish Treaty negotiations?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 UL

Thanks a million for the essays man! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

No bother.

I'm hoping for an A1 so this time next week I might have a few more essays to add to the list.

Not exactly sure yet but I will try and fit it in with my gruesome study timetable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 UL

Cool, same as myself.
    You don't have any predictions on whats going to come up in the US section 1945-1989, Dictatorship and Democracy in EU 1920-1945 and also Government, Economy, and Society in Republic of Ireland, 1949-1989 do you?
    I have most of it covered but I'd like to hear if you have any predictions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭!MAVERICK!

karaokeman wrote: »
    If anyone wants the following essays send me your email in a PM.
    I've written a few more since my last post so hopefully they help some of you.

America
    1. How did consensus collapse in the USA 1945-1989?
    2. Montgomery Bus Boycott contribution to Civil Rights Movement
    3. Moon Landing impact on domestic and foreign affairs
    4. How did US foreign policy contribute to the end of Cold War tensions?

Europe
    1. How successful was Britain in dealing with social/economic problems of inter-war years?
    2. How did Lenin establish a Communist state?
    3. What were the successes and failures of Lenin's regime?
    4. What led to the growth of fascism?
    5. What problems did the Third Republic of France encounter?
    6. What role did terror play in Stalinist Russia?
    7. What was the impact of the "home front" on Great Britain?
    8. What were the main characteristics of the Nazi state?

Ireland
    1. Sinn Fein's success in 1918 election?
    2. How did the Unionist party manage the affairs of Northern Ireland?
    3. What was the impact of WWII on society/economy in Ireland?
    4. Compare and contrast economic/social policies of Cumann na nGaedheal and Fianna Fail
    5. What were the main stages of the Anglo-Irish Treaty negotiations?

This list wont secure you anything. You need to learn at least 40 essays inside out if you want to do well in LC history. And this the the ****ing reason why I hate myself for picking this daft subject!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Tomas18

Hey there, i might be asking alot but could you email me all the essays. I do have most written but i really just want to get another set to double reinforce them in my mind :) p;ease anytime you have free time. THANK YOU

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 GracieK17

hey i Pm'd you :)

just thought i'd share these history note sites, really are brill!

http://leavingcerthistory.net/revision/revision-handouts/
    www.mrmcweebly.com
    :cool:

Ah thanks a bunch for that:) i just had a quick look at them and they seem really good:)

no prob! my history teacher created the second website, he's a legend! haha

KUL !! well your a ledge for posting them links !!

haha thanks! if you know where i can find some sample essays that would be great tho!! :o :L

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

!MAVERICK! wrote: »
    This list wont secure you anything. You need to learn at least 40 essays inside out if you want to do well in LC history. And this the the ****ing reason why I hate myself for picking this daft subject!
    40 essays is ridiculous. I learned 20. Had a choice of at least 2 essays for each section when I came to the actual exam, of 3 for at least one section. Got an A1 easily enough. You can cross out a huge amount of essays if you just go at it the right way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Colm92

Anybody have these essays that can send them on to me? Ill PM my email.

http://www.templehistory.dna.ie/index.htm
    This is the only link i know that has a few sample essays. they are hard to find! if you go to the side bar on the left it say sample answers. there is only a few but better than nothing i guess

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Dannnnn

!MAVERICK! wrote: »

This is absolutely ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

That is ridicolous.

If by learning essays, you mean off by heart, I have learned 0.

However I have faith that I have enough of a knowledge of the course that I can answer a lot of questions on the day. Thinking that you need to know 40 is completely wrong.

I would go as far to say that if you know about 5 or 6 topics well, you could be covered for the entire course (not counting the document question).

I am definitely going to say that knowing topics rather than learning specific essays off is a better way to go. It might be different for other people but I hate learning anything off by heart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭stealinhorses

This is what I'm going for:

US - looking at the questions and winging it on the day,
    Sovereignty and Partition - I have some solid knowledge on the Rising, Treaty and post-Civil War economy, so hopefully a nice question on one of these will pop up,
    Dict & Dem - Anything on Hitler or Mussolini, staying away from everything else,
    Northern Ireland - Coleraine.

I have a good memory and can write a well-structured essay, there's absolutely no need to learn off forty (!) different questions, who the hell does that? :pac:

A bit of intelligence and general knowledge will get us through this thing fine. Choosing to do history for the LC and then learning off dozens of essays sounds like loads of stress, why do people do that to themselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Sovereignty and Partition - I have some solid knowledge on the Rising, Treaty and post-Civil War economy, so hopefully a nice question on one of these will pop up,
    Dict & Dem - Anything on Hitler or Mussolini, staying away from everything else,

I have a good memory and can write a well-structured essay, there's absolutely no need to learn off forty (!) different questions, who the hell does that? :pac:

A bit of intelligence and general knowledge will get us through this thing fine. Choosing to do history for the LC and then learning off dozens of essays sounds like loads of stress, why do people do that to themselves?

A very sensible approach to the subject. I agree wholeheartedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭floutingmaxims

Got the essays. Cheers! :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Theres no need to learn off 4o essays but there is a need to revise the US section instead of just winging it ! This is your leaving cert after all, not a class test.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭leheaven

Hey

Could anyone send me on some essays? USA ones, Northern Ireland... Anything after 1945..(I think all our topics are after that date)

I've done a few and I'm not answering the question right, apparently my info is sound but I need to relate back to the question more, I think that would be a lot of repetition so I'm looking for sample essays to see how others write them!

Any help would be great! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭JDOC1996

Could you send me on all of them? Haha.
    Those are the same topics we're covering.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 D3luka

i pm'd you but you haven't responded back. If possible i'd like all of the essays. thanks alot in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 RobynC

You don't still have those essays man do you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 NiamherG11

I'm writing this on a whim but I would be so grateful if you still had those essays :o you could possibly save my life :p please say you still check this and see my post, it would be amazing to get your help :o hope you got the A1 :L

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭mariecxx

gosh im starting to get soo nervous about history!! hope it's a nice paper!

Advertisement