Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl inflatable Dingy/Kayak

• 31-05-2011 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi, would anybody know if any Lidl in Cork has any of the inflatable dingy/kayak on offer this week still in stock.
    Tried Togher/Ballincollig, no luck.
    Difficult to get through to their store by phone to check, tks

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Tried a few lidls, and no luck. Mallow, Carrigaline and Ballyvolane - I'd say they went out pretty quickly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 596 ✭✭✭minterno

just to let you know,i have seen one of their kayaks in monkstown where the tenders are laying and the stainless buckles were badly rusted,must be a low grade stainless on them,regards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

there was just one of the 'family' boats left in LIDL Dungarvan tonight - no kayaks.

Didn't see this offer advertised anywhere - wonder if this was why there was quite a busy carpark in Carrigaline this afternoon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭chalkitdown

minterno wrote: »
    just to let you know,i have seen one of their kayaks in monkstown where the tenders are laying and the stainless buckles were badly rusted,must be a low grade stainless on them,regards

The current Lidl one is an inflatable kayak, no metal anywhere on board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

Tried a few lidls, and no luck. Mallow, Carrigaline and Ballyvolane - I'd say they went out pretty quickly!
    did u try the one in Ballincollig (West End)? Lot of people don't know it's there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 596 ✭✭✭minterno

chalkitdown,the kayak im referring to was also an inflatable,i have not seen the present ones and they may be different,the ones i saw were bsquare(something like that)and the buckles were on the deck area and maybe the sides(i think there were about 4 buckles and all were rusted)if the present kayak has some plastic buckles they should be fine although they might be a bit weak,if they are any sort of steel just get a hold of a magnet and if the buckles are magnetic even slightly forget about them as they will be ruined in a few month if used in the sea,would be ok for freshwater if they are rinsed and dryed after being used,imho,regards

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Olidolly

Just to say thanks to all for posting.
    It was my brother who was on the hunt for it and somebody in his office tracked one down in Lidl Cobh..........so off they paddle:)

Advertisement