Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Art History Predictions??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭sligo.

i'm doing pre and early christian....revised the lot yesterday, it's all pretty simple so i'm not going to sweat with irish art :) and as for European i've covered Boticelli, Ingres and Goya as artists before Impressionism and then i've studied Manet, Monet, Renoir, Degas. following Impressionism i've looked at Seurat and Van Gogh, also Gaugin for Fauvism. Klimt for Symbolism/Secessionism. and of the late 19th/ early 20th century i've studied Picasso and Dali....and they usually come up from what i've heard? :p i don't even have a set of exam papers or an art history book because of my teacher....need i say more. but i got there! now i just hope i have studied enough and that some of that comes up in some form or other :D have you studied many artists as part of the European or how did you do it??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

Would I be ok if I Just did.........

Newgrange,

DaVinci, Michelangelo, Van Gogh

The Impressionism movement

:confused:

LC2010HIS wrote: »
    Would I be ok if I Just did.........

Newgrange,

DaVinci, Michelangelo, Van Gogh

The Impressionism movement

no i wouldn't limit myself to just Newgrange if i were you!! the pre christian question could be Newgrange OR Bronze Age OR Iron Age so just incase Newgrange doesn't come up i'd have a look at them all. they are easy to learn anyways :) you should be covered with your artists, have you done any 20th century painter, Picasso?

sligo. wrote: »
    no i wouldn't limit myself to just Newgrange if i were you!! the pre christian question could be Newgrange OR Bronze Age OR Iron Age so just incase Newgrange doesn't come up i'd have a look at them all. they are easy to learn anyways :) you should be covered with your artists, have you done any 20th century painter, Picasso?

Yeah but tbh, ive left it till now..so trying to narrow done to as little as possible since ive 4 exams wednesday 15th and thursday 16th :( wont have time

LC2010HIS wrote: »
    Yeah but tbh, ive left it till now..so trying to narrow done to as little as possible since ive 4 exams wednesday 15th and thursday 16th :( wont have time

oh dear, i thought i was bad with 3 on those days :eek: well see if you only do Newgrange and dont cover any early Christian....then you wont have one of those questions to fall back on so you might be left with nothing to answer if for e.g. Bronze Age came up. honestly it will not take you long at all so go over some more pre Christian...or even do some Christian, stone carving and high crossed or something :) i covered my whole art course on Friday, Saturday and Sunday :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

I am praying to God, Leonardo da Vinci comes up. He came up in the Mocks and it was a flash, I know soooooo much about da Vinci.

I'm not really bothered about any of the architecture/sculpture elements of the course. Painting is the easiest and the most fun to learn. Newgrange I can get that if it comes up because you learn SO MUCH about Newgrange, even since primary school and I usually get A's when I write an essay on Newgrange.

For Ireland I'm looking at a bit a' Jack B. Yeats, same reason as da Vinci as in he hasn't come up in a LONG time. Maybe look at a few other Irish artists like Evie Home and that but painting really is the way to go about if you haven't really put in the effort for anything else.

For European it will be a bloom as I know da Vinci, Michaelangelo, Raphael. Basically everything about the High Renaissance. Its either that or Impressionism, which I know a bit about having Claudet Monet inside out. Every year either the High Renaissance or Impressionism comes up so I'm narrowing my revision down to those two areas.

And of course the general art appreciation will be a breeze too. Just talk about your home street, think of a piece of sculpture that could improve it, talk about local paintings you see in town or in your village.

If you know painting inside out like I do you will do very well. You can pass Art History just with one strong area.

i covered my whole art course on Friday, Saturday and Sunday :P

Yea Crosses I might do!

Im in the middle of covering 6 whole courses

I joke, I joke......well....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭MarkTheBaby

Newgrange is tipped to come up but I'd learn 2 works from Bronze and Iron age to be sure.

I'm doing Manet, Monet, Pisarro, Degas, Renoir and Rodin for impressionism. Then I know a bit on Cézanne, Gaughin and Van Gogh and I plan on doing Picasso over the weekend.

Hoping for Newgrange and either Manet, Rodin or Picasso. Fingers crossed :)

It's alot of work for a maximum of 40 points but I did so badly in the mocks and I need the points. I got 48% in the mocks and I'm fairly sure I failed the LC still life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Happy.k

ya im freaking a bit because ive been preetty sick for the past couple of years so i have to narrow it down, im studying newgrange, Jack b yeats, da vinci, carravaggio, boticelli, maybe velazquez and i heart that 2 objects might come up... help please!! :S

Newgrange is tipped to come up but I'd learn 2 works from Bronze and Iron age to be sure.

I'm doing Manet, Monet, Pisarro, Degas, Renoir and Rodin for impressionism. Then I know a bit on Cézanne, Gaughin and Van Gogh and I plan on doing Picasso over the weekend.

Hoping for Newgrange and either Manet, Rodin or Picasso. Fingers crossed :)

It's alot of work for a maximum of 40 points but I did so badly in the mocks and I need the points. I got 48% in the mocks and I'm fairly sure I failed the LC still life.

for my mock we didnt have European art covered at all so i just answered the other two sections and did them really well and got 45 and 47 out of 50 in those two :P but i'd be strapped with time to do essays like those for the real one!! how do you feel the still life went bad for you?? :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭MarkTheBaby

how do you feel the still life went bad for you?? :(

Well I think it was worse than my mock in which I think I almost failed still life.
    It didn't look well on the sheet in the end and didn't have nearly as much depth or range of tone that I'd hoped for. I hate still lifes, I'm just glad they're over and done with now though. :)

I really don't want to be spending 2 hours every day on art for the next week when it's only 37% of the exam. But it's very hard to judge how well you did in art. :rolleyes:

Has anyone done much preperation for the appreciation question? I might just end up heading into a gallery this weekend and write a little plan and a few sketches for that question. Anyone know what the film related questions are like?

Well I think it was worse than my mock in which I think I almost failed still life.
    It didn't look well on the sheet in the end and didn't have nearly as much depth or range of tone that I'd hoped for. I hate still lifes, I'm just glad they're over and done with now though. :)

I really don't want to be spending 2 hours every day on art for the next week when it's only 37% of the exam. But it's very hard to judge how well you did in art. :rolleyes:

Has anyone done much preperation for the appreciation question? I might just end up heading into a gallery this weekend and write a little plan and a few sketches for that question. Anyone know what the film related questions are like?

well our drawing exams for the mock were marked extremely hard. i painted my still life for the mock and didn't get it fully done or an impression of a backdrop either but what i had done looked well....i got 50 out of 100, i was like what the actual hell?? needless to say i didn't paint for the real thing just so i'd get it done on time, and i just did 3 objects, so hopfully the mark will be much improved :p

i'm not doing any more art study, i have to do everything for all my other subjects now :( :L

no i'm not doing anything for appreciation, i'll just answer that "discuss the design elements of a kettle" question haha :)

Advertisement