Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamlet question....

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭Iceboy

martyllia wrote: »
    i'm doing :hamlet,gertrude&ophelia,laertes,claudius,horatio,theme of revenge and appearance vs. reality,might look over dramatic scene and imagery.
    i have lots of quotes ,so hopefully if any q will come up i can answer even a bit on it. Also I have few nice phrases from revision books :D
    Hoping for hamlet character question,but it came up in 2005,2002:(
    G&O also came up in 2002
    Dramatic scene 2001
    appearances vs. reality 2000
    soliloquies 2000

The hell? I thought soliloquys had never come up before?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

I'd say looking over imagery would be a wise idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭DaveMur1

Iceboy wrote: »

It hasn't not on the new english course anyway. It changed in 2001 , appearance vs reality & Claudius are tipped as they haven't appeared on the new english course yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

I hope imagery doesn't come up. Whenever I try to do an essay on it, I end up just listing the images and forgetting to mention why they're used etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 2K11

I have studied Hamlet for my Comparative Study...I'm just wondering If Theme or Social Setting are likely to come up and what should I write for either ?

I would most likely use the Theme " Revenge " for Hamlet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭xclw

I hope Horatio comes up. he's a cool guy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭rockycoolness22

Hoping for something along the lines of appearance vs reality, deception!
    Studying Hamlet, Claudius and Ghost!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 niamhhumag

would u mind sendin me the essay you have on appearence vs reality please? thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭conormccarthy92

hey lads , just wondering whats the story with quotes ? i have 13 learnt off , and i probably could fix about 5-6 of those quotes into any given essay . is that enough bearing in mind im not looking for a high mark , just a pass . thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 delousional

@conormccarthy92

Ya, if they're quotes you could pretty much through in anywhere and you're not looking for a high mark that should be ok.

Just try to fit in as many of the 13 as you can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,671 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Does everybody learn off essays? :S

I'm planning on doing whatever question that comes up based off knowledge of the text and some quotes, rather than learning something off. Is that unusual?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

AdamD wrote: »

I'm planning on doing whatever question that comes up based off knowledge of the text and some quotes, rather than learning something off. Is that unusual?
    Not unusual at all. I never learn off essays for English.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭Iceboy

No that would probably be what you should be doing but since I'm incabable of writing a strong worded essay by myself I feel it's very much necessary for me to have a few essays learnt off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

No. Actually it's how the exam should be approached, ideally. Of course, in the aforementioned ideal world, thoroughly knowing the text would be preferable. That doesn't necessarily imply that quoting is critical, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,671 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Cheers, was getting worried there.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭hunii07

@ AdamD ...that's what I do too...I have two essays done but I haven't learnt them ... I just did them to have it clear in my head what slant I'm taking on the subject.... generally any exam I just go in and see what they give me... I did learn a few quotes though...just general quotes that can be thrown in in any essay for hamlet... a few general ones too.... The only thing I do try and learn off is the poetry answers ... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭EverybodyLies

Oh my God, if imagery or soliloquies come up I'm so screwed! We haven't even covered them. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Here lads how would one answer a question on Hamlets solliloquys?

Also can somebody tell me a few general quotes that can be adapted, I havent really learnt any yet! Stupid I know...:o

• Registered Users Posts: 28 HelpNeeded!

okay i was just wondering if you think i have covered enough in relation to what we get asked for hamlet, these are sample essays which i have written out and learned.

Essay on soliloquys
    Essay on Claudius
    Essay on Hamlet: a noble hero?
    Essay on theme of revenge

enough?

Role of Women is important, and by "a noble hero" do you mean weaknesses and strengths Because thats important :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭snoreborewhore

Role of Women is by far my least favourite essay (probably due to the fact that I can't stand neither Ophelia or Gertrude) so I have my fingers crossed for Hamlet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭anishboi

okay i was just wondering if you think i have covered enough in relation to what we get asked for hamlet, these are sample essays which i have written out and learned.

Essay on soliloquys
    Essay on Claudius
    Essay on Hamlet: a noble hero?
    Essay on theme of revenge

enough?

definitely enough.

Advertisement