Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tri wet suit tips or advice?

• 31-05-2011 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone could give me some tips or advice on purchasing a tri wet suit. I have tried on a few which include ORCA, SONAIR and EQUIP but Im unsure as to which to Brand to purchase. I also tried a ROCKET SCIENCE elite , it seems to be a pretty high tech new brand here, has anyone else purchased a rocket science elite and if so what would you rate it? is it worth buying or should I buy a different brand? any help or suggestions would be much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

Go for the one that fits you the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭griffin100

As said above for an entry level / beginner friendly wetsuit fit is important so buy whatever feels most comfortable and fits best.

If you are already a good swimmer then you would need to consider suit thickness and stretch panels but these tend to be more expensive suits.

I had the Orcar Equip for 3 seasons and it served me well. I haven't heard of Rocket Science.

If you need the suit for a one off race then Cycle Superstore do a 5 day rental option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭BigAl81

Hey,

Base2Race in Ballymount has a pool where you can try them on before buying... I think, maybe call em first.

Go Team!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

+1 for Base2Race

Tried a few in there and bought my TYR Hurricane off them.

Great service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Wetsuit thread link

A couple of pointers in the linked thread.

Trying on a suit is one of the most important things to do, make sure it fits you right and matches your ability.

You should also watch for wetsuit try on sessions often held by Triathlon clubs either in the sea or ideally in a pool where you can relax and gain confidence in the buoyancy of the suits.

Rocket Science have Real Joe & Real Jane entry level suits to match the Orca Equip and 2XU T:2 ranges. The Orca Sonar and higher level suits like the Rocket Science Elite, TYR C3 / C5, 2XU R:1 are best suited to accomplished swimmers who are technically proficient.

• Advertisement
Advertisement