Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road signs for directions to accomodation

Options
  • 31-05-2011 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭

I'm about to rent a rural property as a holiday home.
    I'm looking for ideas on road signage, low cost of course but must look professional.
    I was thinking of just using colored small directional signs and tying them to existing signs and instruction clients to follow the colored signs, seems simple.
    2 questions
    1. are you permitted to attach signs to road signs?
    2. Where is a cheap place to get directional signs made?

if not directional signs, I was thinking of those really cheap plastic square ones you see around the place or making my own from timer and painting them.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭StillWaters

You absolutely cannot do this, you will get fined for littering by your local Council. All signage must have planning permission.

Just send out good directions and a map with all bookings.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Make sure to list co-ordinates on your website/ brochure too, many people use a GPS these days (though it can be confusing when very minor/new roads or long private driveways are not listed).

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

silja wrote: »
    Make sure to list co-ordinates on your website/ brochure too, many people use a GPS these days (though it can be confusing when very minor/new roads or long private driveways are not listed).
    On top of this, goto Google maps, and place a marker for the house, including a phone number, and a nice photo.

MAKE SURE PHOTO IS DONE ON A NICE SUNNY DAY!!!!

Click here for an example of what I mean. This not only shows where your place is, but will come up on searches if someone wants to stay nearby the house.

Advertisement