Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

80th Birthday party meal in Westport

Options
  • 31-05-2011 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭

..... or close by! Any suggestions guys, I KNOW its Westport and there would appear to be plenty of options, but circumstances (and personnel!!) dictate that fish does not dominate the menu and that it is reasonably priced. Basically my father is paying for it and he's a 'meat & 2 veg' kinda guy!
    JJ o Malleys I thought was going to be a 'middle of the road' option - but I've been told it might be too dark for them to read menu!! Maddens @ Clew Bay and Temptations @ mill Hotel might be a bit too 'slick and brasserie'ish' .... Sage and Port Mor (whilst looking lovely - a bit pricey) - so what now?
    It'll be a party of 10 (plus 2 kids) so any suggestions very welcome at this stage!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Mayo Miss

How about the Wyatt? We had our "girls" Xmas dinner there Dec gone. Nice food, wasn't pricey either.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

Mayo Miss wrote: »
    How about the Wyatt? We had our "girls" Xmas dinner there Dec gone. Nice food, wasn't pricey either.
    Wow .... you're quick off the mark Mayo Miss!! Thank you - was looking at that online earlier - will pop back and have a look at all options tomorrow, but that was high on my list! Just seem to have been given a lot of pre-requisites for this outing!! Panic setting in!!
    Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

+1 on The Wyatt

The Helm out the Quay does lovely food. About 5 mins drive from town centre. Would need to ring and book. Busy enough spot.

Il Vulcano on high street is a Italian on high st. Decent menu, Steak, chicken, pasta, pizza.

Both are good value.

Sol Rio on bridge st is also very good but on the higher end price wise.

Port Mor is a tiny restaurant.

+1 on The Wyatt

The Helm out the Quay does lovely food. About 5 mins drive from town centre. Would need to ring and book. Busy enough spot.

Il Vulcano on high street is a Italian on high st. Decent menu, Steak, chicken, pasta, pizza.

Both are good value.

Sol Rio on bridge st is also very good but on the higher end price wise.

Port Mor is a tiny restaurant.
    Thank you - very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Thank you - very helpful.

No problem, any more suggestions stick them in here. I'll try and help you. I've eaten in most places in town. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Paddy De Plasterer

Castlecourt Hotel just on Castlebar street also does very good food.

Thanks guys! Went over there yesterday and booked JW's Brasserie. Seemed a nice place - and the menu seems to fit the bill.
    The Tavern in Murrisk also had a great menu (if predictably fishy!) and I have to say the Towers place has really scrubbed up well.
    Plenty of options for any further outings or a 90th birthday meal :)
    Thanks again - nothing beats 'word of mouth'.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

If you go into the Plaza bar, over in the left hand corner, up some stairs there is a separate section there, I see a good few groups up there regular and there is a load of space.

The towers is spot on though too. Helm might be a little tight for space depending on numbers.
    Tavern is spot on, a little further out though.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Placebo Effect

Can't go wrong with Quay Cottage, best Chowder I ever had.

Advertisement