Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sunrise for C&C

• 31-05-2011 11:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭

Sunrise at 'The Muglins' Lighthouse Dalkey. I like this but am not getting great feedback from anyone I show it to. What do ye think??

2A0E564682A643B7A0C3124FCC505354-0000323857-0002350439-00800L-B0397C839C4244B4A528FCF56FAD4270.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

Very nice colouring of the sky, but I'm not sure I like that the rocks and tree are indistinguishable when they meet.

I think it's a lovely photograph. The sky is great looking, and I love the colours. The bottom set of rocks a bit lower in the frame (or running along the bottom of the frame, perhaps) would probably have helped a little (or maybe not, i wasn't there :P ).

My only real criticism is that it looks like the saturation has been set on full whack, and it's clearly visible in the water, in a speckled kind of effect (unless my eyes are tricking me and it's just the texture of the water).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Only my opinions but;

I think there is too much blues, purples and overall saturation. The saturation reminds me of - and I don't mean this in a bad way, but of a tacky faux canvas that you'd come across in stores which aren't really selling art, but selling wall covering. Apologies if that sounded harsh, it wasn't intended to be, but it is what I thought the first I saw it.

I think the silhouette of the tree dominates too much and rather than being a subtle composition element it takes over - such that the light houses are losing their point of interest. You are drawn to the big black silhouette. The silhouette also would benefit from a little detail being visible just to give it authenticity. As presented, it could be mistaken for a drawn in afterthought done in photoshop with the brush tool.

While its an ok image, I think it's probably missed the mark as presented and perhaps some of what i've picked up on is why you aren't getting great feedback.

But, that said the above is only my own opinion. From the other feedback there is merit to it.

Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭djd80

I think it's a nice shot with great colours but there is far too much tree in it. I reckon shooting from a bit further back with the tree forming part of the image rather than dominating like this would be a way better shot..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

its nice ...but I think a different angle would suit it better (not too sure what to make of the tree ???)

i like the fact there are two lighthouses visible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭jpfahy

Thanks for the critique lads, I'm going to have to do something with the sea alright.

As for the composition, options are fairly limited :)

638E56BA15C146B5947597B6AE70C298-0000323857-0002351018-00800L-2D7631BBE0F346CD9C1F08D986B55ADB.jpg

Advertisement