Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shooting in Balla

Options
  • 31-05-2011 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,903 ✭✭✭

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0531/baala.html
    A man in his 40s has been arrested in connection with a shooting in a shop in the village of Balla, near Castlebar, Co Mayo this evening.

* Article
    * Video (1)

1 of 1 Mayo General Hospital - Woman's injuries not life-threatening
    Mayo General Hospital - Woman's injuries not life-threatening
    Play Stop
    Nine News: Woman injured in Mayo shooting
    Nine News: Woman injured in Mayo shooting

The man was arrested in the Claremorris area.

At 6.30pm the lone gunman entered a shop on the village's Main Street and shot a woman.

The gunman fled the scene.

The woman who is believed to be in her 50s was taken to Mayo General Hospital in Castlebar.

Her injuries are not life-threatening.

Roadblocks were set up across south Mayo.

The area has now been sealed off for a technical examination.

The shotgun which was abandoned at the scene has been recovered and is being sent to Garda Headquarters for a forensic examination.

Gardaí are appealing for any witnesses who may have been in the area this evening to contact them at Castlebar Station on (094) 9038200.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Anzac_11

Aww, this is just terrible. I always shop there as it's just down the road from me. Don't know exactly who it is but the only woman in her 50's is a very nice lady who lives close to the shop.

It's terrible news and it's even worse when it's so close to home and involves someone you know. Bless her and a quick recovery for her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

That is crazy shit! Lets hope the woman involved has a speedy recovery. Mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭KMFCross

• Registered Users Posts: 16 etak

Know both the town and the shop. Unbelievable that this could happen in such a lovely part of the world. I wish the poor woman a speedy recovery. Recent reports say that her injuries are serious but not life threatening.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭franklyon

I know the town, the shop, and the woman involved, I just hope she gets better soon, she didn't deserve something like this, and ialso hope that the guy who I am pretty sure she knew gets banged away for a long time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement