Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Am i covered

• 01-06-2011 12:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭

i bought a Belling Fridge off DID in Tallaght, took out insurance but been having a few problems with it were it was freezing at middle wall and water was running down bottom of fridge turns out the hole in fridge was blocked and you have to unblock it with a wire,

My parenst are elderlyt so they can not do this job too goood any way i rang DID who rang Belling who came out thsi would be teh second time ,

Any way when teh giy came he fixed it with wire and then turned around to the mother and said : look i wont charge you this time but i really should , i find this a disgrace that they took out insurance and this guy has the cheek to ask for money, is this correct ,

ps then he had the cheek to say that you would be better off not t aking out insurance on electrical items ???:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Xcellor

faolteam wrote: »
    i bought a Belling Fridge off DID in Tallaght, took out insurance but been having a few problems with it were it was freezing at middle wall and water was running down bottom of fridge turns out the hole in fridge was blocked and you have to unblock it with a wire,

My parenst are elderlyt so they can not do this job too goood any way i rang DID who rang Belling who came out thsi would be teh second time ,

Any way when teh giy came he fixed it with wire and then turned around to the mother and said : look i wont charge you this time but i really should , i find this a disgrace that they took out insurance and this guy has the cheek to ask for money, is this correct ,

ps then he had the cheek to say that you would be better off not t aking out insurance on electrical items ???:mad:

This seems part of routine maintenance. I have the same hole at the back of fridge. If I dont clean it out I will get pools of water forming at bottom of fridge (takes a long time...).

I'd assume insurance is when you break something, i.e. the hinge of door etc accidently.

Does the fridge not have a manual which documents what to do? If it does then why didn't you do it before calling a tech out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

Standard practice to have the hole leading to the condenser for excess moisture, it is not a major job to make sure it is free from any debris a wipe with a cloth once a week/fortnight will prevent it from blocking. Most fridges come with the little plastic thingy to do the job. Not a insurance issue just general housekeeping issue. It's a bit like asking a mechanic to fill your window washer bottle on your car and not to be charged.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭faolteam

but i thought it was not blocked i thought it was some other problem and i did clean it as much as i could

but one thing i should let u know when u take out insurance it doesnt kick in till 2 years later not staright away

Advertisement