Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

H1b transfer/renewal

• 01-06-2011 3:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭

Hey all,
    I have a couple of quick questions. I have received an offer of a new job, while on H1b in the US.
    1. Does anyone know the effort/costs associated with a transfer to a similar position in a different company?
    2. Does anyone know if the costs and forms are the same for extending as the initial visa? Or is it easier than the initial application? I am 2 years through my first visa.
    I will probably get a lawyer to file but some I would like some information about what I am getting into.
    Thanks,
    Darren

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Darren1o1

Darren1o1 wrote: »
    Hey all,
    I have a couple of quick questions. I have received an offer of a new job, while on H1b in the US.
    1. Does anyone know the effort/costs associated with a transfer to a similar position in a different company?
    2. Does anyone know if the costs and forms are the same for extending as the initial visa? Or is it easier than the initial application? I am 2 years through my first visa.
    I will probably get a lawyer to file but some I would like some information about what I am getting into.
    Thanks,
    Darren
    Worked it out. Labor certification and new I-129.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jdcooney

Hi Darren,

Im currently researching how to obtain a HB1 visa, Im fully eligible, but trying to find a sponsorship with a school in New York from Ireland is proving difficult,

I am a teacher with a MSC and Bachelors degree in Math and Irish, there is a demand for highly qualified math teachers and thats the niche I am aiming for.

Do you have any recommendations or helpful sites etc. you could possibly recommend to me?

Any help would be really appreciated :)
    jdcooney

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Darren1o1

jdcooney wrote: »
    Hi Darren,

Im currently researching how to obtain a HB1 visa, Im fully eligible, but trying to find a sponsorship with a school in New York from Ireland is proving difficult,

I am a teacher with a MSC and Bachelors degree in Math and Irish, there is a demand for highly qualified math teachers and thats the niche I am aiming for.

Do you have any recommendations or helpful sites etc. you could possibly recommend to me?

Any help would be really appreciated :)
    jdcooney

I think the H1b visas are biased towards technology and business professionals. I am an Engineer, so I have dealt with industry only. I am not sure how it would work getting into the schooling system. There are huge cuts in that area so I am not sure if they would try hire outside the country. Plus the employer needs to cover the fees, I am not sure that would in the confines of the public school system. Private schools may be an option or Universities would definitely be an option. There are many education employment sites. Are you a recent grad? Sorry I cannot help more.

Advertisement