Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Helmet Com System

• 01-06-2011 3:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭

Hey guys. Anywhere know where I can get a communications system put into my helmet? MP3 and phone connection specifically. Cheers in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I saw this model for a reasonable price, No experience with it though.
    From what I have read the Cardo Scala stuff is pretty highly rated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

I have the Cardo Scala Rider Q2 multiset. I use it mainly to talk with my friends. It allows communication of up to 3 headsets in a 500m range. It's weatherproof. The battery lasts about 8 hours and can be left on standby for a week. It clamps to your helmet so no need for holes/anything.

It also takes Phonecalls over a bluetooth connection and plays mp3's. Phonecalls have the highest priority so they come in over everything else.

If you don't care about talking to other riders then Cardo also do a Scala Rider Solo headset. It's the same headset minus the intercom system to other headsets. So if someone you know gets a Rider Q2 headset then you can't talk. But for your needs now it covers Phonecalls and mp3's.

Both play GPS instruction from an external device (GPS, phone).

I got the Rider Q2 Multiset package (2 headsets) from ebay (New condition) for €167 from this shop but got caught with customs for another €41.

There doesn't appear to be any cheap Q2 multisets up at the moment but there's a Solo headset for €133.

Advertisement