Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurant in/or around Ballinasloe

Options
  • 01-06-2011 4:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi there, can anyone recommendation a good restaurant in or within a half hour drive of Ballinasloe. Heading over there next week for a night away. I'm a little particular about food, more so because of a dairy allergy I have. Any recommendations would be gratefully received. Tks.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

The shearwater is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭badker

karibas in society street or melodys near the river in Creagh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

The Shearwater is very good, really lovely, and they do very good early bird deals. They are also very accommodating and friendly so I'm sure they would help you out with your food choices.

Melody's is hit and miss, quite a limited menu, fine for a one off I guess. There's the Old Fort in Shannonbridge, not sure of their opening hours but it's a lovely place. Then there's all of Loughrea, the hotel there is meant to be nice to eat in, haven't eaten in any restaurants there. Athlone is about 15-20 mins away, I love Kin Khao Thai, but there's also the Olive Grove and a few other places that are meant to be fab.

I actually really love the Indian in Ballinasloe but mightn't be great for allergies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 pod4

Tks so much for the replies....we'll be staying in the shearwater....so that's perfect!!

Advertisement