Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions - June 2011

Options
  • 01-06-2011 7:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭

A dull, wet and breezy first day of summer in Galway city
    Temp 12C from an overnight low of 11.4C
    Fresh, southerly breeze

Rain since midnight 0.8mm

RH 98%

1023.6 hPa - Steady

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Cloudy and a little breezy. Temp 13.0c, Wind 11km/h Westerly, Pressure 1026.9 Steady.

Live data from @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

A cloudy start with a temp of 13.1c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Heavy mist/drizzle driven along by a fresh SSW'ly breeze just to make sure it makes a proper job of soaking you. Temp 13C making it colder than this time yesterday.

First day of summer how are ya !! :(

Early days I know but I foresee another one of these ahead

908c4569.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A nice bright afternoon in Castlebar with good sunny spells.Somewhat more cloudy this evening.Light to moderate Westerly.Increasingly mild.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Cloudy but mild Wednesday here in Kilkenny.
    Clearing up for a lovely evening after about 8pm.

Cold tonight though.

No figures as I am just stating that it wasn't THAT bad of a start to summer :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Heavy bank of cloud here. Hard to see this shifting any time soon. Temp a cool 13.9c. Wind light 6km/h NNW.

Live Webcams and Data @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

15 deg,overcast,light winds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Lightly overcast has given way to sunny skies, with a cooling breeze though.

Warm, dry and sunny (ish)

Temp 17.2C in a light WSW'ly breeze

1036.0 hPa - Rising Slowly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Hardly a cloud in the sky. Slight breeze and 20.5C. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

scorcher today,yet i her brutal weather on the way next week?

After a cloudy start the sun started to break through around midday. Turned into a lovely sunny day. Max temp was 22.2c at 14.10 but a sea breeze has taken the edge of those temps and its currently 17.7c and Clear.

Live Webcams and Data @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

Blue skies, fluffy white clouds and sunshine :)

Temp currently 21.5C and reached 23C earlier this afternoon in my own personal suntrap! Virtually calm conditions making for an all round gorgeous evening here in Galway

1035.5 hPa - Falling Slowly

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A warm and sunny day in Castlebar with light winds.Nice sunset now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭John mac

18C in Ballyhaise at 22:00 .. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭Joe Public

Dublin Airport seems to be on a solo run and is now reporting 6C with all the rest reporting 10C or more, according to the met.ie site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Beautiful day here at long last, unbroken sunshine all day with nothing more than a light breeze. The north sky stayed bright all night as well so finally starting to feel like summer :)

8.30am here in Donegal Town. Not a cloud in the sky. Not a breeze to be felt. 16c and beautiful. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,430 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Current conditions in Ringsend - Glorious!
    Of to Glendalough this afternoon, should be fantastic with no sea breeze up there to spoil things, day for the suncream for sure :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Sunny, summery and warm. Temp 14.8C and climbling.

Not a lot more to be said really :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

I'm reading 28°C :) I had to out the back and put another thermometer there to check and the heat just hit me. I'm in a little thermal trap.

No wind. No rain. No clouds. Blue Sky and 1032 hPa more or less steady.

Clear Sky and warm. Temp 18.8c already, Wind light ESE at 3km/h. pressure 1033.4 Steady

Live Data and Webcams @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

18.9c already going to be a hot one.

It will be interesting to highest temps around today although some stations seemed to be over recording the other probably due to poor radiation shields

17.2c

Villain wrote: »
    18.9c already going to be a hot one.

It will be interesting to highest temps around today although some stations seemed to be over recording the other probably due to poor radiation shields

I noticed that yesterday too. One main offender is Johnstown in Kilkenny. Think the temp got over 28c there yesterday which is surely a false reading. Even now its reading 24c and nearby station in Kilkenny is 19c :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

I noticed that yesterday too. One main offender is Johnstown in Kilkenny. Think the temp got over 28c there yesterday which is surely a false reading. Even now its reading 24c and nearby station in Kilkenny is 19c :confused:

Without knowing the exact weather station: Generally these are micro climates, and whilst they may or will record a bit more due to poor shielding and road, nearby building or fence reflections, that does not necessarily make them false, that very well may be the temperature where that station is and a few hundred yards away it's not.

My other reading this AM reached 36°C from a travel combo unit un-shielded sitting in full sunshine. I know that's not the mean temperature, but it is in my back yard. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Yep defo a bad sensor imo as the temp jumps when Sun shines

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭Sulmac

21.9ºC reported now at the NRA's Sandyford station on the M50.

Also, yesterday's highest temperature was 24.2ºC at the Met Office station in Castlederg.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

My weather station read 23.2 Degrees this morning at 9.30, however in the car heading to work it was a more reasonable 19.5 degrees! think I might have had a false reading too but hadn't time to check my backup to see what it said.

It is a simply glorious morning! In the distance (from Collooney), out the ransboro direction in Sligo I could see quite alot of smoke earlier but thankfully it seems to be reducing now. Can get an earthy smoky smell too.
    The smoke is not too black so more likely to be fields etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭compsys

Joe Public wrote: »
    Dublin Airport seems to be on a solo run and is now reporting 6C with all the rest reporting 10C or more, according to the met.ie site.

Don't get me started on that weather station. On cool clear nights with little wind DA reports crazy min temps that are sometimes up to 7 degrees colder than every other station in the county.

Advertisement