Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Current Weather Conditions - June 2011

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Rain easing now nearly a inch of rain since 8 am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

13.2°C ↓slowly
    1011 hPa ↓ slowly
    Gusts: 20 kmh
    Precipitation: dry: 11.4mm since midnight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Right now, I'm seeing the heaviest rain so far today in south Louth. Rain started at about 13.45. There have been pauses in the rain and more drizzly rain than heavier stuff though both UKMO and Met Eireann RADARs don't agree with my observations for here. Despite the poor resolution of the final UKMO picture, it seems somewhat more like what I'm experiencing.

Perhaps the scale used for the rainfall levels are not ideal? Not much difference in rainfall between the blue and yellow colours, but the pink colour at least is unmistakeably heavy rain.

Also, in contrast to the forecasts the strengthening wind here is more easterly in bearing than southeasterly. And the charts had indicated a SSE flow. The NRA weather stations in Louth confirm my own observations. I would prefer a more southerly bearing not least as it suggests the rain may take longer to leave here than was forecast.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭morticia2

Car says it was 10.5 degrees in South Dublin at about 6 ish

Could someone please tell the Weather God it's supposed to be June??

Still raining.

How much blinking rain does Dublin Corpo need to fill its reservoirs anyway? Surely we're getting there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Yay!!! It's stopped raining here in Wexford after a day of heavy rain since midday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,202 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A wet day in Castlebar all day.Gusty SE breeze at times.Extensive low cloud/mist too.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭LimerickBishop

Its like winter. Is anyone getting really annoyed by this weather? TV is crap now as well. I'm resorting to comfort eating now. Anyone else feeling like this? How do you get through it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

In a word,CRAP!:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Hells Belle

Ok I don't have scientific data but its 8.30 am and I have my lights on. its just started to drizzle.

On the plus side MT mentioned we may get some thunder later :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

13 deg,misty rain,wind south westerly 2-3

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Heavy cloud but dry, Temp 14.4c, Wind WSW 16km/h, Pressure 1016.5

Live Data and Webcams @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Persistent drizzle turning to heavy rain at times, and quiet humid.
    One word i heard yesterday to describe it, "pissy".
    Bring on some thundery downpours and funnels please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I bet we see a glimpse of sun at about 10 pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,126 ✭✭✭John mac

Persistent drizzle turning to heavy rain at times, and quiet humid.
    One word i heard yesterday to describe it, "pissy".
    Bring on some thundery downpours and funnels please.

same here all day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭Sulmac

25.1ºC at the M11 Bray Bypass, according to the NRA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,202 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

After some early morning rain/drizzle in Castlebar its dry but cloudy,fairly low cloud with hills/mountains covered.Mild at 17 degrees.Light SW'LY.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Got bright around noon and hasn't been a bad day since. The fresh WSW breeze spoiling it though and keeping the temp down. Currently 16.8c, max earlier was 17.8c.

Live Data @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

What a day!! Nearly got up to 26C where I was...! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Filled in here at about 7 pm and now its pretty damned gloomy. Fecking coastal fog type stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

mike65 wrote: »
    Filled in here at about 7 pm and now its pretty damned gloomy. Fecking coastal fog type stuff.

No change to that where I am, surely that will lift later.

• Advertisement

overcast dark and breezy..

Partly cloudy with some sun. Temp 14.9c, Wind South 14km/h, pressure 1017.5

Live Stats @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Cloudy and breezy this morning with occasional splashes of sunshine brightening up the general gloom. Dry for the moment.

Temp 15.8C in a light SW'ly breeze
    RH 81%
    1013.6 hPa - Falling Slowly

14 deg,cloudy, wind freshening from the south east.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭planetX

dark, raining and miserable in Galway:(
    again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭bmarley

Is this our summer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

Threatened to be a nice sunny day after the initial gloom but now just overcast. Very disappointed, had high hopes for today.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Catherine!

Very sunny here in Norwich; temperatures are supposed to reach the high 20s or even low 30s today. Quite breezy as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Raining here in West Connemara for the last hour and a half.

• Advertisement

turning colder. raining :(

53kph wind .

Advertisement