Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions - June 2011

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Cloudy, Temp 15.6c with a fresh SSW breeze. The differences in weather around the country today are crazy :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Miserable day here in Donegal. 14.0C Heavy fog on the hills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

A brilliant day, mostly sunny and my sun-trap WS showing 29°C

Light winds and even warm winds.
    1012 hPa ↓ v slowly
    49% hum

No Rain at all. I was expecting a good day, this has exceeded it.

Sorry for Donegal, but the weather is closing is again to miserable over most of the island.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭derekon

gbee wrote: »

Heat Wave In Cork City

A brilliant day, mostly sunny and my sun-trap WS showing 29°C

Light winds and even warm winds.
    1012 hPa ↓ v slowly
    49% hum

No Rain at all. I was expecting a good day, this has exceeded it.

Sorry for Donegal, but the weather is closing is again to miserable over most of the island.

Excuse me, what planet are you living on with a temperature of 29oC in Cork? You might note from the latest Met Eireann readings today at 4pm that Cork's temperature is 19oC (10oC lower than you claim) and our capital city of Dublin is coming in at a rather balmy 23oC ! :D

Derek

LATEST IRISH WEATHER REPORTS
    ON 26-JUN-2011 for 16:00</SPAN>Location</SPAN>Wind</SPAN></SPAN>Weather</SPAN>Temp</SPAN>Humidity</SPAN>Rain</SPAN>Pressure</SPAN>Dir Speed(Kts) oC (%) (mm) (hPa) </SPAN>BALLYHAISE(A) SW 12 FAIR 21 48 0.0 1013 </B></SPAN>BELMULLET W 17 Gust 27 CLOUDY 14 80 0.0 1014 </B></SPAN>CASEMENT SW 17 FAIR 22 63 0.0 1014 </B></SPAN>CLAREMORRIS(A) SW 11 - n/a - 14 94 0.3 1015 </B></SPAN>CORK AIRPORT SW 07 FAIR 18 76 0.0 1015 </B></SPAN>DUBLIN AIRPORT SE 08 CLOUDY 23 62 0.0 1014 </B></SPAN>FINNER CAMP(A) n/a n/a - n/a - n/a n/a n/a n/a </B></SPAN>GURTEEN(A) SW 10 FAIR 21 51 0.0 1014 </B></SPAN>JOHNSTOWN CASTLE(A) S 10 Gust 21 CLOUDY 18 84 0.0 1016 </B></SPAN>KNOCK AIRPORT(P) SW 10 RAIN/DRIZZLE 13 97 0.6 1015 </B></SPAN>MACE HEAD(A) W 13 MOD. DRIZZLE 13 88 0.2 1015 </B></SPAN>MALIN HEAD(A) SW 16 Gust 28 RECENT DRIZZLE 17 66 Trace 1012 </B></SPAN>MULLINGAR(A) SW 10 FAIR 21 53 0.0 1014 </B></SPAN>OAK PARK CARLOW(A) S 11 FAIR 19 79 0.0 1015 </B></SPAN>ROCHES POINT(A) S 09 RECENT FOG 15 95 0.0 1016 </B></SPAN>SHANNON AIRPORT W 12 CLOUDY 19 73 0.0 1015 </B></SPAN>SHERKIN ISLAND(A) SW 05 CLOUDY 16 82 0.0 1016 </B></SPAN>VALENTIA SW 05 LIGHT RAIN 15 97 0</

derekon wrote: »
    Excuse me, what planet are you living on with a temperature of 29oC in Cork? /

That's my station out my back. Which is a suntrap as I stated, it is also a freezer in winter and we still had frozen snow out our back when it was nowhere else.

If you look at accuweather they have a 'real feel' indicator and they were two to three degrees higher too. As usual I took two other thermometers out to check against, and whilst one cannot say these measurements are accurate enough, they do represent my micro climate.

• Advertisement

gbee wrote: »
    That's my station out my back. Which is a suntrap as I stated, it is also a freezer in winter and we still had frozen snow out our back when it was nowhere else.

If you look at accuweather they have a 'real feel' indicator and they were two to three degrees higher too. As usual I took two other thermometers out to check against, and whilst one cannot say these measurements are accurate enough, they do represent my micro climate.

Micro climate I think not.
    Your station is measuring the temperature of the sun and not the air.
    My thermometer had over 30C a few times on a sunny day. :pac:
    You need to protect it from direct sunlight.

Pangea wrote: »
    You need to protect it from direct sunlight.

On going project. I have put a big dome over my sensor, so it is in the shade, maybe not enough and I've a few more domes lined up to try out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

An overcast day in Castlebar with rain during the afternoon.Brightening up from the NW now.Light Westerly.Mild.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭John mac

Suns out!!!! pity its so low though. still cold here 11ish.

Suns out down the road in Castlebar too,just in the last 10 minutes.A nice orange sunset!

• Advertisement

7.6C at the moment.
    As Oscar said the sun made a cameo appearance at sunset. The sky was red in every direction, a lovely sight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Same here in the evening, bright golden clouds for a while around 10pm just before the sunset. Awful day overall though, cold, dark and miserable with a thick misty drizzle

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Dull and Cloudy, Temp 14.1c, wind NNW at 8km/h, Pressure 1013.6

Live Data @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Dull and overcast but dry!

Temp 13.8C in a light NNW'ly breeze

RH 75%

1016.4 hPa - Rising Slowly

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Waterford -

-
    Temp: 13°C
    Wind: NW at 8 km/h
    Humidity: 83%

Review: Not great weather, Cloudy and now the darker cloud is coming in i think were set for some showers, and temp will drop and then later the sea fog will come in, same as yesturday.

Tramore Co.Waterford webcam - http://axis-78tramore.axiscam.net/view/viewer_index.shtml?id=1974

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

12 deg,raining (again)

Rain expected in Waterford Tomorrow at 1pm.

Temp will drop from tomorrow.

next couple of days not looking great, very cloudy or rain. :(

Current weather:
    Wind: N at 10 km/h
    Humidity: 77%

Temp: 14°C

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Nice afternoon here now. Cloud breaking up and feeling quite warm.

Waterford Weather update: Good news, Sun has started go come out, clouds have broken up, Temp has risen, Hopefully it will stay like this.

Wind: N at 10 km/h
    Humidity: 62%
    Temp: 17°C

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Catherine!

Our back garden temperature sensor showed 31.5 degrees in the shade today! I think the humidity was 59% when I last looked. In my room at the moment it's 27.8 degrees.

Tomorrow is supposed to have a max of 19 degrees - much more manageable!

• Advertisement

Clear blue skies in Castlebar for much of the day,lovely evening out there.Light NW'LY.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭talkabout

Wind 5.2 km/h WSW. Barometer 1017.6 mb, Rising slowly. Temperature 11.8 °C. Rain today 0.0 mm. Humidity 72%

Max today 18.7c with some nice warm sunshine at times. Currently its cloudy and 14.3c.

Live Webcams and Data @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

Sunny morning. Temp 13.2c, Light NW breeze, pressure 1019.6

live Data @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

A beautiful morning here. Some clouds gathering now but I can still see blue blue skies!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Gorgeous morning in West Dublin. Sunny and very warm in the sunshine. 14c.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭John mac

Lovely sunny morning here, just had a v heavy shower. but the sun is out again. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

After a nice sunny start we've had a few showers.

I'm showing just 17°C today ~ been playing with my shielding
    Light wind gusting to 17kmh
    No Precipitation.

Nice sun earlier, clouding over now. Some dark clouds.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Dry and sunny with patchy cloud cover. Temp 17.1C in a light WSW'ly breeze

RH 48%

1019.8 hPa - Steady

Advertisement