Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water pressure in Drogheda

Options
  • 01-06-2011 7:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Anybody having a problem with reduced water pressure in Drogheda? I am in Yellowbatter and the pressure has been gradually getting less over the last few months.

My problem is thta I have a combi gas boiler that will only operate above 1 bar pressure and since yesterday the pressure has dropped to about .7 bar which means I had to have a lovely cold shower.

Anybody know if there has been work going on anywhere or if this will be a long term problem? Is there anything I can do about it, I have no heating or hot water at all until the pressure goes above 1 bar again???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Boilers should be fed by the attic tank, it shouldn't be connected directly to the mains in the first place. My combi boiler central heating worked fine even when the water was cut off for me during winter. I think the problem isn't your mains water OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Boilers should be fed by the attic tank, it shouldn't be connected directly to the mains in the first place. My combi boiler central heating worked fine even when the water was cut off for me during winter. I think the problem isn't your mains water OP.

+1 to that....

Go to the Hotpress and find the feed pipe for the boiler. There should be a guage on it. Turn the valve until the pressure goes above one...

You may also want to contemplate a plumber as you appear to be losing water somewhere.

Advertisement