Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BBC 1 + HD Formula 1 on Sky

• 01-06-2011 8:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭

When the Formula 1 coverage is on every other weekend, and they're announcing the coverage, they always say "on BBC 1 + HD".

But when I go to watch the BBC 1 HD on the Sunday for the grand prix it's never on, just the "BBC HD preview", which means I haven't got to see one yet in HD.

They do have the highlights on at 7pm in HD, but it's just not the same as live.

Anybody know why this is? Is it something blocked in Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,161 ✭✭✭rednik

More than likely you are watching the BBC HD channel and not BBC1 HD which you must add to other channels if you are watching on Sky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Col200sx wrote: »
    Anybody know why this is? Is it something blocked in Ireland?

BBC One HD is a different channel to BBC HD and it is not on the Irish Sky EPG. You will need to access it via Other Channels. It is however available on the UPC EPG.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

rednik wrote: »
    More than likely you are watching the BBC HD channel and not BBC1 HD which you must add to other channels if you are watching on Sky.
    Minstrel27 wrote: »
    BBC One HD is a different channel to BBC HD and it is not on the Irish Sky EPG. You will need to access it via Other Channels. It is however available on the UPC EPG.

Ah ok, I get ye, thanks :)

I was watching BBC HD channel, no. 143 on Sky, and wondering why I couldn't get the F1 in HD.

So other channels it is to see it in HD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,131 ✭✭✭John mac

they do show a 1 hour highlights on bbchd on sunday evening,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Would it kill them to show this on BBCHD?:(

I can't always watch it live and it would be nice to record it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

John mac wrote: »
    they do show a 1 hour highlights on bbchd on sunday evening,

Yep, thanks for heads up, I knew that alrigh, but as I said in my original post, it's just not the same as watchint it live:
    Col200sx wrote: »
    They do have the highlights on at 7pm in HD, but it's just not the same as live.

Advertisement