Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faster way back home to save 2 hrs on the road

• 01-06-2011 9:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hello i work in leixlip and i live in tallaght.
    it takes me 2 hours to get back home by bus.
    I normally take the 66b till Capel Street and walk to Dawson St. to take the 77.
    I also tried taking 66b > Huston station> take Luas till Tallaght Square > then take 77 again.
    Does anybody know a Faster affordable way untill i get my driving license. (Which i hope be someday soon).
    I think there should be a way to take those private buses that pass by newcastle till the square. Not very familiar with the public transport.
    Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

What about the 76/a? It goes from Lucan to Tallaght, so it would avoid going to town at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

tatianacm wrote: »
    Hello i work in leixlip and i live in tallaght.
    it takes me 2 hours to get back home by bus.
    I normally take the 66b till Capel Street and walk to Dawson St. to take the 77.
    I also tried taking 66b > Huston station> take Luas till Tallaght Square > then take 77 again.
    Does anybody know a Faster affordable way untill i get my driving license. (Which i hope be someday soon).
    I think there should be a way to take those private buses that pass by newcastle till the square. Not very familiar with the public transport.
    Any advice?

This is hopefully the type of sentiment which the Dublin Bus Network Direct "Team" are bearing in mind as their plan rolls on.....Some means needs to be found to escape the "Cutbacks" noose now firmly around DB's neck and instead to short-circuit at least some of the increasing number of "I'm getting a car " sentiments.

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,836 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

The 76/a/b do not serve Lucan at all.

They operate from Chapelizod at the West County Hotel via Ballyfermot, Neilstown and Clondalkin to Tallaght. Some journeys start/finish in Blanchardstown via Palmerston.

I would suggest to the OP the following:

The 66/66a/66b take about 25-30 minutes to get to the West County from Leixlip and the 76/a/b should take about 30-35 minutes to get to The Square in Tallaght from there.

Here are the 76 76a and 76b timetables.

Also the 210 operates from Liffey Valley Shopping Centre (at the western end of the car park), usually taking about 40 minutes to get to The Square.

Heading back towards Leixlip you need to get off at the bottom of the Kylemore Road at the flyover and cross over to catch a 66 to Leixlip, or change at Palmerston Village if the bus is going to Blanchardstown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 tatianacm

Thnks lxflyer for the details. I will definetly give it a try.
    About ciclying to work would love to. If weather conditions werent so unpredictable. And i had a bicicle. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement