Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where are you now?

• 01-06-2011 9:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭

Just wondering how people that attended ITB have gotten on in their career paths.

If you have graduated from ITB, where are you now in terms of your goals on the "career ladder"?

If you are still studying, what is your next step?

I myself graduated from the Lv7 Computer Engineering course. I then got advanced entry into DIT Lv8 in the same field. I made the move becuse our class didnt have the numbers to go ahead with the 2 year honours.

ATM I'm in ESB writting VB, so what I learned in ITB is coming in useful, especially problem solving skills thought through their excellent PBL modules.

Hope everybody is getting on well in the college. Hello to the compsoc lads. I can beat all of you at COD4*

*Except for Ice**

**and maybe Wargasim***

***and That Guy

But when there not there I win.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭brendanL

Ice here, hey man ^^

Still in ITB at the moment. Just finished my third year.
    My plans are to get through 4th year in ITB and then maybe a masters if I can
    afford it.

I heard that wargasm had gone to somewhere in the Netherlands.. landed a job and is now working happily away.

Fire completed his 3 years of mechatronics in itb,
    and did the one year add on in DCU for the honours degree completed this year
    and is presently... enjoying the summer ;D plans to do a masters or work if a job comes along before the masters starts.

Not sure about the other 'old guys' I'd love too know what they're up too.
    Anyone remember Zed and toneeeeeeee?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭jme2010

brendanL wrote: »
    Not sure about the other 'old guys' I'd love too know what they're up too.
    Anyone remember Zed and toneeeeeeee?

I ran into Zed on a night out. The oldest and badest dude to ever rock out COD4.

I cant tell the difference between toneeeeee and tanith wolf :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

I graduated from the Computer Engineering degree last summer and I'm now in Maynooth doing a masters in Electronic Engineering, finish in September then probably onto the dole :D

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭Daith

Graduated in 2003 (started in 1999 so old --- you have a compsoc now?! :p) with a degree in computer science. Worked from tech support to desktop to sys admin and IT Security so all good on the career path.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

Excellent idea for a thread!!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭dueyfinster

Just finished BN104, starting a new job tomorrow in the midlands for a well known telco infrastructure company doing Java.

One of the guys in my class is starting the same job in a months time, another was hired by Google and most of the rest have something or are in the process of being interviewed (Microsoft amongst others).

IT job market is healthier than others, mainly because it has almost 0 reliance on our home economy. Apply early, apply often - there is still a shortage of good Computing grads!!

Advertisement