Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sugar Crystals or Sanding Sugar?

Options
  • 01-06-2011 9:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Im looking for all your expert advice on this please!:D
    I want to coat an ivory fondant covered cake in the sugar crystals to get the sparkly effect in picture below.
    ive been searching for months to find info on this and have had some luck but nothing advising what type of "sugar" to use. Should i use a Coarse sugar crystal or Sanding sugar? If any of you have done this and know of what sugar to use and where i could get some i would really appreciate it. Thanks crystalcake.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 prettie

hi there a girl in galway that sells anything u need for baking and cake decorating and has a fantastic on line service check out stuff4cakes website i know she has sugar crystals and glitter dusts and alot of other stuff you cant get in other baking shops hope this helps:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Am no expert but you could mix some edible glitter with some sugar crystals. There's a few websites like splatcooking, kitchencompliments and the one already mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭showgirlrita

Thanks guys
    Ive ordered "pearlised" white course sugar crystals & regular white course sugar crystals, 50gs of each so will test both out and see how they look!
    Not sure if should go for white instead of ivory icing tho! will need to get the thinking cap on & get design finallised!

Advertisement