Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5k,10k & half marathon

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭moggie4000

Well done, keep it up and neever mind 5 miles you'll get to 6.25/10km in no time.
    2.25 miles this morning in 20.51 minutes

I ran 2.20 miles yesterday morning in 20 minutes, was away in London last weekend, found it tough enough getting back into it. This morning i ran 4.75 miles in 43 minutes, delighted with that. There's just a week to go until my first ever 5 mile race. I think on Sunday i'll go into the Park and walk the 5 miles, get used to the surroundings.

2.20 miles this morning is 18.54 minutes. Beautiful day for running/jogging, very enjoyable. Tomorrow i will do the same again, rest of Friday and will be all set for my first ever race on Saturday - 5 mile race in Phoenix Park. Walked the route last weekend, fairly hilly towards the end!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Ah the Kyber, just keep it in your head that when you finish that final hill your at the finish so give it all !

That's very true. Looking forward to the race now!

• Advertisement

moggie4000 wrote: »

I completed my first ever race on Saturday, the 5 miler in the park. Really enjoyed the whole experience!

I ran the 5 miles in 45.01 minutes. Was delighted with that and even more delighted that I had more gas in the tank as I finished.

Onto the 10 miler next month, already looking forward to it.

I completed my first ever race on Saturday, the 5 miler in the park. Really enjoyed the whole experience!

I ran the 5 miles in 45.01 minutes. Was delighted with that and even more delighted that I had more gas in the tank as I finished.

First run this morning for a week and a half. Felt it a little and only did 2.62 miles!!

Really need to get going with training as the 10 mile run is 3 weeks away. Confident I can do it though!

First run this morning for a week and a half. Felt it a little and only did 2.62 miles!!

Really need to get going with training as the 10 mile run is 3 weeks away. Confident I can do it though!
    3.5 miles run in 31 minutes this morning, starting to up my training now for the 10 mile race on the 20th Aug. I want to run 6 miles straight this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭12weeks12miles

Hey :) I'm basically doing the same challenge as you :) ! ha which is great!!!

I missed out on the 5mile , didn't apply for it in time.

You should check out my blog :) , getting close to the 10 mile now :) ! kinda exciting

www.12weeks12miles.wordpress.com

< have a look :) you can see my routes and times :) and issues i've faced :)

Keep up the great work! you will do it :)

I completed the 10 mile race on Saturday, really delighted that i was able to run the whole lot. Also delighted as i had only ran 6 miles previously in training. My time was 1.36.31.

Did a 2 mile recovery run this morning and was fine. On to the half marathon on the 17th Sept in the park - still contemplating the marathon in October... we'll see!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement