Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom crap connection

Options
  • 01-06-2011 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭

i have recently moved home where we have a 7mb connection with eircom but after doing some speed tests on the eircom site I am only getting between 2 and 4, its goes up and down very frequently. is there any way of fixing this on my end, iv reset the router a few times in the hope it might help but to no avail. any suggestions please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Alan3002

Is this Eircoms next generation broadband?
    The thing about Eircom is that the give you "up to 7Mb" broadband. This does not always mean you get 7mb. For all you know you will only ever get 3mb.
    It generally comes down to what your line can handle.
    It seems your line can only handle 2-4 mb on Eircom lines.
    Yeah its kind of misleading I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Moved to eircom support forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

i have recently moved home where we have a 7mb connection with eircom but after doing some speed tests on the eircom site I am only getting between 2 and 4, its goes up and down very frequently. is there any way of fixing this on my end, iv reset the router a few times in the hope it might help but to no avail. any suggestions please

Hi passingthrough,

Can you PM your telephone number and i will look into that for you.

Thanks, Mark

Hi passingthrough,

I got your DM with you your details thanks, it may take a few days to investigate but I will get back to you with an update.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭passingthrough

im sorry to be going on about it but iv just done another test and got .58mb. i know its a busy time of evening but up to 7mb BB and getting .58......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭applejam

Looks like we are having the exact same problem, I just got .71 :(
    It's been like that for weeks and weeks, I might get 1.25 at a push .
    I have asked and asked till I'm blue in the face to be let out of my contract but Eircom are demanding I pay a fee to get out.
    I was sold up to 8mbs but I never expected the totally rubbish service I am getting.
    So I'm stuck with practically no bb service until my contract ends :(

im sorry to be going on about it but iv just done another test and got .58mb. i know its a busy time of evening but up to 7mb BB and getting .58......

Hi passingthrough,

I checked your line and there is no fault detected on our systems. The line is synced at 6MB on the 7MB home plus package. So I spoke to broadband technical support and they suggested you try the following checklist first.

- http://bit.ly/cTw6pU

If those steps show no improvement they asked you call them on 1890 260 260.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement