Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sept & Oct 2011 intakes

• 01-06-2011 10:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Hi all,
    just letting you all know that the next intake is in september, most of you's probably know by now but there's two classes in that month!
    two classes of 40!

cheer's
    TI

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Hugo13

Thanks Tahitiisland for the info, but are you sure this is the case?

Also, do you know how long I should be waiting for a medical? have met the super about one month ago...

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Soap MacTavish

Hi all,
    just letting you all know that the next intake is in september, most of you's probably know by now but there's two classes in that month!
    two classes of 40!

cheer's
    TI

Heard this awell, that there will be two classes in September, also heard there might be another class in October :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 GRHopefull

Hi,

I've been reading a lot lately, there will be 2 intakes for Garda Reserve in Sept'

Does anyone know what that dates are ?

I've completed interviews, medical and waiting on the call to Templemore which also brings me to next question, how soon are successful candidates informed about attending Training ?

Many thanks (in advance for your replies)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

GRHopefull wrote: »
    Hi,

I've been reading a lot lately, there will be 2 intakes for Garda Reserve in Sept'

Does anyone know what that dates are ?

I've completed interviews, medical and waiting on the call to Templemore which also brings me to next question, how soon are successful candidates informed about attending Training ?

Many thanks (in advance for your replies)

I don't yet know what dates in September but I'll never forget being informed of when I was invited to commence my training in Templemore:

I was actually getting quite annoyed at taking down the Christmas Tree on the 7th January last when I took a breather, checked my e-mails & there is was. I started my training then on he 4th February 2011. So almost a months' notice for me, I was actually more patient waiting on the background checks to be honest :pac:

Well done on passing everything to date. I am sure you will enjoy every moment of your training! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭brotherrabbit

I called the finw folks in the park today and they confirmed 2 intakes in sept and 1 in oct.
    I will be heading down in sept!
    CANT WAIT xD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭jenny81

I called the finw folks in the park today and they confirmed 2 intakes in sept and 1 in oct.
    I will be heading down in sept!
    CANT WAIT xD

Woo hoo, im down for intake in september aswell, think its fri the 2nd as far as i was told, see ya there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Godofhellfire

Do you have to call them or will they email or call you to tell you the dates and detail's?

they will Email you with the details. unless your hungry to see what the story is and you call

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Tyron Jara

I just passed my medical today. Out of intrest those of you who are going in september intake how long were ye waiting since the medical and when was our medical?Im wondering would I be in september?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭djh

Enjoy Phase 1 in September folks!
    Was only thinking that it's a year and a half this month since I went down first.

Enjoy a few drinks in Pollys. Also, take the chance to look at the history exhibit they will tell you about on the first day, all very interesting! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Email landed this morning, heading down for the Sept intake :cool:

@ Tyron Jara: I passed the med at the end of March & only got my email today. Whether thats normal or not I've no idea, but I still had a near 4 month wait after the medical.

EnterNow wrote: »
    Email landed this morning, heading down for the Sept intake :cool:

@ Tyron Jara: I passed the med at the end of March & only got my email today. Whether thats normal or not I've no idea, but I still had a near 4 month wait after the medical.
    Ah I see I could be waiting awile so.:) Well done and congradulations:)

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭jenny81

Anyone heading to templemore on the thurs night and wanting to catch a lift pm me:), Ill be going from the sunny southside of dublin.
    Would be nice to have some company cause ill be a bag of nerves :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

Hi,

I also recieved an e-mail !

However could someone be able to tell me on what is intailed in phase 1 in the first weekend, why i'am so curious is i recieved a bit of an injury and would not be able for long running exercises but would be able for physical stuff etc. Is the much in the first weekend, is the much at all ?

Thanks !

3fullback wrote: »
    Hi,

I also recieved an e-mail !

However could someone be able to tell me on what is intailed in phase 1 in the first weekend, why i'am so curious is i recieved a bit of an injury and would not be able for long running exercises but would be able for physical stuff etc. Is the much in the first weekend, is the much at all ?

Thanks !

Ah well done everyone in here who have heard word of starting in Templemore, I'm delighted for you all, you'll all love it :D

The first week-end is primarily theory based esp the first day. If I remember correctly it was also on that day that we were all sized up for the uniforms, starts kicking in then, well it did for me anyways!

The second day is heavy-going alright, physical wise. I am not going into specifics for anybody but ^^^3fullback^^^ you might be okay? I don't know. They will ask if anybody has injuries, speak with one of the trained personnel before you arrive and they will give you a definite answer.

Have fun though, above all else, and hope you all make some new friends/future colleagues :)

@3fullback: check your pm

Has any one who did the medical on 22nd of June or about then received an e-mail about going to Templemore in September? I'm just being nosy
    I'll ring them tomorrow and ask because I haven't heard since then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Woodzie1991

I did mine on the 7th of June, and I've got no word back yet :(.

I rang to ask what the story was, and they said the the invitations for the 1st intake had been sent out, and that the second batch should be sent out sometime this week, or next.

Really hope I'm in it! :/

I check my e-mail everyday, praying that its there, but no :(.

Chin up I suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Dan1994

Keep ur fingers crossed I'm sure ur invite is in the post

Ok folks, medical done and was told to sit tight and just wait to be called for training. Now a job ofer came in and the training is 6 months in the states. is their away to pause the start of your training so i can start when i return and not have to repeat the whole application?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭djh

Ok folks, medical done and was told to sit tight and just wait to be called for training. Now a job ofer came in and the training is 6 months in the states. is their away to pause the start of your training so i can start when i return and not have to repeat the whole application?

Congrats on the job offer.

Should not be a problem. I know a few people who delayed starting training because of work commitments. Or did phase 1 witha different intake than phase 2 etc.

If you have firm details of days you will be working away give the Reserve office in HQ a buzz and explain. I am sure they can put you down at the start of the list for a future intake.

I finally have got called for training!!! :D

Anyone called for the 14th of October? :)

Was it a phone call or e-mail?:) Congradulations:D

nice one hopefully I'll hear something soon, I really thought I was due for the September intake.

I think im due in October??Im wondering should I ring

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52 ✭✭Altezza98

Anyone heading to Templemore on the 13/14 of October or know anyone else heading to Templemore :D

I have been called for the 14th to :D are you heading on the Thursday evening? Were are you coming from ;)
    Oh and I'm not bumming a lift, I'm from Thurles.

Keep the faith all Ye with medicals done but haven't been called for training. Are day will come..soon

did any one ring them up to ask or have they been calling people? I suppose it's only monday, hopefully during the week I'll hear

• Advertisement

Hey godofhellfire, Just out of interest when did you do your medical?

I did it 22 June with no problem's :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭gerarda

Posted off my interview application the other day, just wondering when I should expect to hear anything??

gerarda wrote: »
    Posted off my interview application the other day, just wondering when I should expect to hear anything??

This is of no relevance in this thread. You posted this also yesterday here, in this thread.

Please keep the threads on-topic.

Thanks, kerry4sam

I did it 22 June w
    ith no problem's :)
    Well done mate. I passed mine mid jully so I'm hoping I'm not far behind you

Tyron Jara wrote: »
    Was it a phone call or e-mail?:) Congradulations:D

E-mail :). Thanks a million :). Ring HQ, it won't do any harm :)

• Advertisement

Altezza98 wrote: »
    I have been called for the 14th to :D are you heading on the Thursday evening? Were are you coming from ;)
    Oh and I'm not bumming a lift, I'm from Thurles.

I am going down Thursday evening :). I've a 2 hour trip! :/. Going by your username, you have a nicer pot than me! :P. PM me and we could meet up in Pollys! (Not asking you out :P) I'll be really nervous about the next day :/.

I am going down Thursday evening :). I've a 2 hour trip! :/. Going by your username, you have a nicer pot than me! :P. PM me and we could meet up in Pollys! (Not asking you out :P) I'll be really nervous about the next day :/.

Just sent you a PM there ;)
    I think alot of people will be nervous :o

• Registered Users Posts: 20 ashling123

recieved an email yesterday inviting me to start training :) anyone else going down in october? :D

I got my e-mail about training to day :D (happy out) Anyone else get anything, Would be nice to know someone else on the day ;)
    when do you start?

me :D

• Advertisement

Anyone heading to Templemore on the 13/14 of October or know anyone else heading to Templemore :D

I am :)

Ashling123 I sent you a PM,

I'm starting the 14yh of Oct ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Geansai

So... Just got word that all reserve training is cancelled until the new year. Including the October intake at the weekend...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭ZoneAlarm

Did that come by email or Phone Call, also did anyone else get that message ??

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Geansai

ZoneAlarm wrote: »
    Did that come by email or Phone Call, also did anyone else get that message ??

Both, a phonecall and an email.

I would imagine everyone will be getting the same.

I wasn't given a reason, but word came from the college that training is not going ahead.

I got an e-mail and a call at 2;15 today to say its put off till the new year
    :mad:

Oh well, more waiting so! I was hoping to get in this year as I have done the medical months ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Soap MacTavish

Anyone get a reason why its being put off till next year? or know when the training is starting next year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭ZoneAlarm

IMO its down to funds, they where looking for 1000 retirements and only got 400, so big shortfall there as well.

I also here they are getting the revenue involved to look at the full time members sub allowances, amongst other things, what next, will the guys have to pay for the petrol in the patrol cars, as if they start taxing subs and other things, they might as well be working for nothing.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 jt9

Ya I got a called today and they said hoping to have it up and running again in the new year, sad news because we have waited so long :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement