Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sept & Oct 2011 intakes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Godofhellfire

I did it 22 June with no problem's :)

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭gerarda

Posted off my interview application the other day, just wondering when I should expect to hear anything??

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

gerarda wrote: »
    Posted off my interview application the other day, just wondering when I should expect to hear anything??

This is of no relevance in this thread. You posted this also yesterday here, in this thread.

Please keep the threads on-topic.

Thanks, kerry4sam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭brotherrabbit

I did it 22 June w
    ith no problem's :)
    Well done mate. I passed mine mid jully so I'm hoping I'm not far behind you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Woodzie1991

Tyron Jara wrote: »
    Was it a phone call or e-mail?:) Congradulations:D

E-mail :). Thanks a million :). Ring HQ, it won't do any harm :)

• Advertisement

Altezza98 wrote: »
    I have been called for the 14th to :D are you heading on the Thursday evening? Were are you coming from ;)
    Oh and I'm not bumming a lift, I'm from Thurles.

I am going down Thursday evening :). I've a 2 hour trip! :/. Going by your username, you have a nicer pot than me! :P. PM me and we could meet up in Pollys! (Not asking you out :P) I'll be really nervous about the next day :/.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Altezza98

I am going down Thursday evening :). I've a 2 hour trip! :/. Going by your username, you have a nicer pot than me! :P. PM me and we could meet up in Pollys! (Not asking you out :P) I'll be really nervous about the next day :/.

Just sent you a PM there ;)
    I think alot of people will be nervous :o

• Registered Users Posts: 20 ashling123

recieved an email yesterday inviting me to start training :) anyone else going down in october? :D

I got my e-mail about training to day :D (happy out) Anyone else get anything, Would be nice to know someone else on the day ;)
    when do you start?

I finally have got called for training!!! :D

Anyone called for the 14th of October? :)
    me :D

• Advertisement

Anyone heading to Templemore on the 13/14 of October or know anyone else heading to Templemore :D

I am :)

Ashling123 I sent you a PM,

I'm starting the 14yh of Oct ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Geansai

So... Just got word that all reserve training is cancelled until the new year. Including the October intake at the weekend...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭ZoneAlarm

Did that come by email or Phone Call, also did anyone else get that message ??

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Geansai

ZoneAlarm wrote: »
    Did that come by email or Phone Call, also did anyone else get that message ??

Both, a phonecall and an email.

I would imagine everyone will be getting the same.

I wasn't given a reason, but word came from the college that training is not going ahead.

I got an e-mail and a call at 2;15 today to say its put off till the new year
    :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Godofhellfire

Oh well, more waiting so! I was hoping to get in this year as I have done the medical months ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Soap MacTavish

Anyone get a reason why its being put off till next year? or know when the training is starting next year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭ZoneAlarm

IMO its down to funds, they where looking for 1000 retirements and only got 400, so big shortfall there as well.

I also here they are getting the revenue involved to look at the full time members sub allowances, amongst other things, what next, will the guys have to pay for the petrol in the patrol cars, as if they start taxing subs and other things, they might as well be working for nothing.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 jt9

Ya I got a called today and they said hoping to have it up and running again in the new year, sad news because we have waited so long :(

• Advertisement

ZoneAlarm wrote: »
    IMO its down to funds, they where looking for 1000 retirements and only got 400, so big shortfall there as well.

I also here they are getting the revenue involved to look at the full time members sub allowances, amongst other things, what next, will the guys have to pay for the petrol in the patrol cars, as if they start taxing subs and other things, they might as well be working for nothing.:(

Thanks, yeah this is what's filtering down to my ears also. Good to know my sources are good like that!

I am sorry to hear about this guys :(

To all who thought they would be starting this year. I posted before about what I'd heard through the grape-vine & turned out to be all correct.

This is October guys, only a few months wait. After this long a wait & knowing you have everything complete, just waiting another months, keep the heads up and the noses clean ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Chusko

keep the heads up lads...at least ye will be starting next year,won't find that...just shows if they haven't the money for reserve training,what does the future hold for full time training but that's a side topic.
    you'll be training before ye know it!

i got the call and email 2 :( i was gutted. its due to budget cuts. the IMF are in ton today so id say its something to do with them :( i hope it dosnt get scrapped altogether. better in the new year than not at all. we just gotta stay positive :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Tyron Jara

Im pretty gutted to have found out about this:( Weve all waited a long time to start.

Got the call aswell, really dissapointed :(. But as Ashling 123 said, I really hope the dont scrap it altogether! :/. But if we at least knew that we would be starting training in January, at least we will know whats going on, and that we are actually going to get the chance. My daddy reckons that, when they get a big bag of money to spend for 2012, we will be back on the list of things to do for the Gardaí :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭spudz21

Hard luck guys:(

Not looking good for me back at the start of the process....:o

Sincerely hope you guys in here stay positive and don't give in.

The wait; the patience; determination; hope; everyone in here and waiting on an in-take - I hope you all stay focused, remember why you applied first day and don't lose the dream.

It will all be worth it once you enter Templemore Garda College, trust me :)

ATTENTION! Just got word that the October intake is back on for the 14th, as in 2 days away! :D. Enjoy the good news :)

• Advertisement

ATTENTION! Just got word that the October intake is back on for the 14th, as in 2 days away! :D. Enjoy the good news :)

So you're saying after people received both a call and an e-mail informing them it would be the new year, that this is now the case?

Oh I sincerely hope you're right Woodzie, I've not heard different yet. We need more Garda Reserves out there & people who are informed about what Garda Reserves can do whilst in-training and attested ;)

Advertisement