Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man dancing with the GPO

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hookah

I've seen him dancing up the street once or twice, and he'll always greet you with a huge smile.

Fair play to the chap.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Arcus Arrow

Hookah wrote: »
    I've seen him dancing up the street once or twice, and he'll always greet you with a huge smile.

Fair play to the chap.

He's harmless and very entertaining. Me and a mate had to intervene a few months ago when a bunch of gurriers were taking his hat and hassling him.

I've been told he was interview by one of the news papers a while ago but I don't know which one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

harmless fun, he is fast becoming one of the characters of dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Yup seen him and around alright and is quite the character. He's all over youtube in different countries and everything - well looks the same chap.

And to the OP delighted to read you intervened while some knacks tried to nick his hat - fair play to you, very few left around who'd do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭TheAnswer

He's harmless and very entertaining.

Yeah? They probably said the same in Tenerife 'bout the Bulgarian "character" who gained "fame" recently.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

TheAnswer wrote: »
    Yeah? They probably said the same in Tenerife 'bout the Bulgarian "character" who gained "fame" recently.

Oh FFS, seriously some people.....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Saviola

Please cease living immediately

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Well in fairness we dont know for sure that he's harmless..he's obvioulsy nuts and in need of psychiatric help.

Dancing whilst hanging onto the GPO is not normal behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭runswithascript

OP did you shoot the video?

I haven't seen him as yet but will be looking out for him!

Looks much more entertaining than this junkie rapping on Henry Street I saw recently. You know that feeling when you're embarrassed for someone else?

Oh and, some of my best friends are Bulgarian characters.

Degsy wrote: »
    Well in fairness we dont know for sure that he's harmless

You don't know for sure he's not.
    he's obvioulsy nuts and in need of psychiatric help.

Not necessarily, he's almost certainly very much aware of what he's doing, and he may be completely sane but someone who is incredibly (it would seem) outgoing with no inhibitions about dancing on the street.
    Dancing whilst hanging onto the GPO is not normal behaviour.

You're right, and how sad it would be if everyone was 'normal'.

• Advertisement

dusf wrote: »
    OP did you shoot the video?

I haven't seen him as yet but will be looking out for him!

Looks much more entertaining than this junkie rapping on Henry Street I saw recently, you know that feeling when you're embarrassed for someone else?

Oh and, some of my best friends are Bulgarian characters.

I shot it yesterday. I've not seen him around since the last time when he was getting hassled. A bus driver told me he comes into the city on the 19A.

He seems to be in a world of his own. I'd rather him than the motor mouth who stands on a footstool going on about the Bible or the Romanian trumpet and accordion combo who only seem to know one tune.

The guy in Tenerife was probably paranoid......he might have been thinking everybody was an axe murderer.

He seems to be in a world of his own. I'd rather him than the motor mouth who stands on a footstool going on about the Bible or the Romanian trumpet and accordion combo who only seem to know one tune.

Is the Bible guy you're referring to the dude that shouted down Pat Kenny on The Frontline
    ? I have heard he does that but haven't seen him.

Is the Bible guy you're referring to the dude that shouted down Pat Kenny on The Frontline
    ? I have heard he does that but haven't seen him.

No it's not him. I know the guy you're talking about. I felt sorry for that dude. He also turned up at the Union march a few months ago and started shouting at David Beg. The same guy also turned up before that at a book launch. He got hold of the microphone and started lecturing the author. At one point he said "....I come from a family of 13......" Someone near him in the crowd shouted "sit down, your'e embarrassing the other 12..."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

I've seen this lad too, he was dancing with his reflection outside Stephen's Green Shopping Centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭TheAnswer

The guy in Tenerife was probably paranoid......he might have been thinking everybody was an axe murderer.

And, of course "he who dance's with buildings" is a perfectly sane individual.

And, of course "he who dance's with buildings" is a perfectly sane individual.

He might be at least sane enough to distinguish dancing from violent murder...not everybody is.

hardCopy wrote: »
    I've seen this lad too, he was dancing with his reflection outside Stephen's Green Shopping Centre.

Leinster if you're interested;

Homecoming RDS
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__3Jf6lhuXk&NR=1

BOD speech in the RDS
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Wr2Uyl3bD4&feature=related

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Lahm

Is he gay?

Lahm wrote: »
    Is he gay?

Why,cant you find somebody sane to be with?:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Cork Exile

Spotted him Tuesday evening beside Mooneys on the Long Mile Road, tearing it up by the traffic lights. Reminded me of the nordie courier on Spaced !!!

Why,cant you find somebody sane to be with?:pac:

Judging by his hip movements he could queerly penetrate a hole anyway

Lahm wrote: »
    Judging by his hip movements he could queerly penetrate a hole anyway

Well you could argue that he's blocking the passage of pedestrians.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Triangla

I see him a good few mornings strolling along dancing by the Blackhorse Pub, near the Luas stop. This is usually arounf the 7am - a bit crazy to see alright. Seems harmless enough, never saw him take any notice of passers by or cars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

You're right, and how sad it would be if everyone was 'normal'.

I'm all for difference too although some little part of me doesn't feel great about only seeing somebody who might be vulnerable or have mental issue in terms of their (and my) own (or the city's) amusement.

stovelid wrote: »
    I'm all for difference too although some little part of me doesn't feel great about only seeing somebody who might be vulnerable or have mental issue in terms of their (and my) own (or the city's) amusement.

True.

Today a copper skinned wino in ragged clothes had a go at the dancer who was back in the same spot. He gave your a kick and he wandered off. I just missed it.
    Click here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGfA_YV2x_w

Today a copper skinned wino in ragged clothes had a go at the dancer who was back in the same spot. He gave your a kick and he wandered off. I just missed it.
    Click here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGfA_YV2x_w

That was a roma what kicked him..International detente is not being observed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭TommyTippee

dublin characters = mentally ill people

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

is this the same guy??

Advertisement