Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IX Grade - Extenuating circumstances

Options
  • 01-06-2011 11:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭

Hi,

Since the results are out now, I had a question concerning IX grades.

I submitted (based on the advice of the student advisor) an extenuating circumstances form in Semester I to do a remediation essay in lieu of an examination for a module. Apparently the form was accepted because when the results of Semester I were released, it showed an IX grade for that module.

I handed in the essay one day before the due date and weirdly they didn't ask me to sign anything which made me suspicious. I even asked and they were like " Oh no, you don't need to sign anything ".

Now the results of Semester II are out and I'm really freaking out because the SISweb still shows an IX grade for that module. When I check the grades breakdown, it shows an NG grade.

Like what the hell is going on ? I really can't afford to have that module preventing me from getting my degree. I don't understand, I handed in the essay before the due date, I worked so hard on it. There's something off.

What if the IX grade still remains when the final results are out ? What's that supposed to mean ? If my extenuating circumstances form was denied why would they even bother displaying an IX grade ? I don't get it.

Does anyone have an idea about the matter ?

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭graduate

Relax. IX grades are not dealt with as part of the regular gradebook results, so their absence from today's release means nothing whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

As above. If you're still worried send your lecturer an email to get them to tell you exactly what will happen for your case.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭jan shyr

I suggest you do nothing and let the things sort out themselves. After all you haven't even bothered to send a couple of emails to relevant people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭MacieC

Hum. I did send a mail to the programme office/student advisor and one to the lecturer right after I posted this thread. That's why I haven't brought the thread up since Wednesday because I got the answers to my question.

Now I can say your response is not relevant. But thanks for your contribution though.

Advertisement