Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So when will the 'discount' be applied?

Options
  • 01-06-2011 11:24am
    Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭

Auld-Yin wrote: »
    I had the 'obligatory' chat by phone on Saturday morning and after confirming that I wished to avail of the basic discount the girl kept asking if I wanted an extra 4% for DD.

Several times she asked. Several times I said no with increasing emphasis.

So, 8% in place (I hope). Will have to wait 'til end of May for invoice.

I should have told her that my account is, and has been for a long time, in credit and should be worth at least another 5% discount!

Just received my invoice.
    No discount applied!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi Auld-Yin,

I'm very sorry to hear that. If you would PM me your details I'll have this looked into right away.

Thanks,

David.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

Auld-Yin wrote: »
    Just received my invoice.
    No discount applied!

Auld Yin, You don't receive the FEA by any chance do you?

• Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

...It is inevitable that we will have a mix of customers on different rates, but we have agreed procedures in place to ensure that the correct rates are being charged through the Department of Social Protection at all times.

~~~

The reason they can't apply online is part of the aforementioned technical issue. We are making good progress on resolving this and hope to have it up and running in the coming weeks. I can assure you that any FEA customers with ESB Electric Ireland who have applied for the new discounts will not be impacted negatively by this. They will receive their discounts in full.

Thanks,
    David.

~~~
    The reason FEA customers are required to sign up for reduced price plans via an ESB Electric Ireland advisor at our contact centre is a technical complexity on our system, so unfortunately it is simply not doable currently via the web.

In order to guarantee any FEA customer maintains their free unit allowance, it is required that an advisor access the customer account to ensure their FEA entitlements remain intact during the price plan change-over, and that they set the customer up in a specific way that avoids the risk of the FEA allowance being removed.

Regards,
    Una

Someone needs to have a closer look at the Technical Complexity.
    My obligatory telephone call was made on April 9th and after the previous bill (April/May) with no discount I was advised on June 1st
    The discounts in question will be backdated from the time you applied for them, and they will show as a credit on your forthcoming bill.
    Apologies for the delay in applying the discounts.

I have just received my June/July bill with no discount applied.

There must be many other people in the same position but with nobody to speak for them.
    With the forthcoming 25% reduction of allowance equating to an increase of €16.00 per billing period, the discount (backdated) has to be sorted NOW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Being investigated via PM.

Being investigated via PM.

...as it was two months ago with the previously quoted result via PM; (David has account details)
    The discounts in question will be backdated from the time you applied for them, and they will show as a credit on your forthcoming bill.
    Apologies for the delay in applying the discounts.
    Will the technical complexities be tamed this time?

Tune in in two months.

~~~

• Advertisement

Hi Auld-Yin,

We escalated your issue and have been advised it is now resolved off-line and a revised bill has been generated.

If you require any further assistance, please let us know.

Regards,
    Una

Beaten to the post.
    Was just going to say something similar; i.e. resolved by phone and amended bill being issued.

~~~

I still don't know what caused the 'error' but I've just received a clue.
    I received, by post, a flyer inviting me to sign up and save up to a massive 17%.
    This was sent to my address of two years ago. The change of address was only from one apartment to another within the same street address so I think the discount may have been applied to the wrong MPRN but no error flagged!

~~~

Now, a bit of light-hearted trivia:
    If the 17% savings is 'massive' would the basic 8% be a 'miniscule' saving?

The address matter in my previous post seems to have been confirmed.
    Just had a call from ESB accounts asking which address I would like a refund cheque sent to!
    I wonder if the new customer at my previous was given discount which he didn't register for? The aforementioned flyer would tend to suggest no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭Priori

Auld Yin wrote:
    Tune in in two months

Entertaining as this issue is, I'm not quite sure you've sufficiently rivetted your audience to guarantee their return... ;)
    Auld Yin wrote:
    Now, a bit of light-hearted trivia:

If the 17% savings is 'massive' would the basic 8% be a 'miniscule' saving?

**Cue Tumbleweed**

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭Delta2113

My Mother is now having a similar experience with ESB Electric Ireland after I convinced her to change plan and sign up for direct debit.
    The direct debit went through no problem but no Discount and yes she has FEA.
    I have already sent a pm to a rep here so I hope it's sorted for the next bill and no not the bill after that.
    They obviously launched unprepared - infact I dont think they really wanted to give the discount's to FEA Customer's in the first place - charming.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi Delta2113,

We very much regret any issues experienced by FEA customers in relation to their price plan discounts, and can assure everyone that we do want such customers to benefit as much as possible from what's on offer. I have the query you mention in hand, and actually received an update this morning. I have just sent you a PM.

Thanks,

David.

Hi Auld-Yin,

We escalated your issue and have been advised it is now resolved off-line and a revised bill has been generated.

Regards,
    Una

That is correct.
    I have just received Aug/Sep bill and guess what?
    ...no discount.

And at the foot of the bill:
    "Payment received thank you ... 245.00"
    I'd like to see a breakdown of that.

Hi Auld-Yin,

Just to advise: we are looking into this, and will respond the moment we have info on it for you.

Regards,
    Una

Being investigated by PM.

I hope you got your bill all sorted Auld-Yin and I hope my Mother's next bill is all sorted as well.

No!
    2 months ago I received an amended bill with assurance that the 'problem was sorted'.
    It wasn't.

I'm again told they will issue an amended bill for Aug./Sept. and that the error will not happen again.
    Maybe I shall receive an error free bill for Oct./Nov.

Mother just got new bill today - wrong again - who do I pm? This is just crazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Mark

Hello Delta2113,

Can you send me a PM?

Thanks,
    Mark

1:
    Got my bill yesterday.
    Finally, the discount, and a bit, seems to have been applied.
    Unit price discounted by 8.8% before usage calculation.

There was an 'Ex Gratia Credit' which just happens to be what I should have received on previous bill so that is finally resolved.

However...
    ...no discount for DD.

I signed up for DD approx. two months ago. Do I have to wait another six months for that as well?

2:
    About 2 weeks ago I received a letter saying that I had recently selected the Reward Price Plan.

I signed up for the discount plan almost 8 months ago.

I was also invited to avail of Direct Debit.
    The person I spoke to, two months ago, took note of my bank details and said my next bill would reflect the change.

Hi Auld-Yin,

Would you like me to arrange a call-back for you?

Regards,
    Una

• Advertisement

A call back seems like an excellent decision, so yes please!

Ok Auld-Yin, I'll arrange that for you now - just a reminder: we have your details as you sent them to us by private message.

...just a reminder: we have your details as you sent them to us by private message.
    I know. I've had several calls in the past 6 months.

Auld-Yin telephoned and query resolved.

Auld-Yin telephoned and query resolved.
    ...again!

My Mother also recently received a letter saying that she had recently selected the Valuereward Price Plan. I dont have much hope that the next bill is going to be correct including FEA.

Advertisement