Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accommodation for Waterford Tall Ships Race

• 01-06-2011 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi All,

I am desperately search for accommodation in Waterford City for the Tall Ships Race 30th June to 3rd July 2011. I know this is very last minute as I can only imagine how busy Waterford will be for this weekend. But if anyone can any ideas of accommodation that might be available in the city, I would be so grateful!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Barna09 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I am desperately search for accommodation in Waterford City for the Tall Ships Race 30th June to 3rd July 2011. I know this is very last minute as I can only imagine how busy Waterford will be for this weekend. But if anyone can any ideas of accommodation that might be available in the city, I would be so grateful!

Does it have to be the city? Why not try somewhere nearby, like Tramore?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Still rooms available in some of the hotels. You'll have to check each hotels website individually because they will have long taken the rooms off the external booking sites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

last I heard there was still availability out at the http://www.rhuglennhotel.com/
    be aware that it's a 10 min drive into town from there but an easy one

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Barna09

Thanks everyone for the help, fingers crossed here :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Should get accommodation in the county fine, and likewise the city. There wont be a lot of room, but some left. Ring directly - booking engines take commission so they wont advertise anything that's free there (unless they are really quiet).

Tramore is 10mins from Waterford. Take the hassle out of travelling, and stay in Tramore. Park wherever you stay, and get the bus in and out of town. Avoid all the parking and traffic restrictions this way :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭kkdela6

Dunmore East has lots of hotels and b+b's, would be ideal place. Gorgeous little village, with a frequent bus service to town that runs up until midnight during the summer months. Is mad packed during the summer months too always a lot of buzz around the place. would be much cheaper than staying in the city id imagine too.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Barna09

Thanks appreciate all the helpful advice!

Fingers crossed I will get tickets for concert too, here's hoping!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

kkdela6 wrote: »
    Dunmore East has lots of hotels and b+b's, would be ideal place. Gorgeous little village, with a frequent bus service to town that runs up until midnight during the summer months. Is mad packed during the summer months too always a lot of buzz around the place. would be much cheaper than staying in the city id imagine too.

Plus all the ships will be passing by Dunmore.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭forfuxsake

How many people and for how many nights? Might know a house available

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭MunsterM

Hi,
    I'm also looking for accommodation. Was supposed to be staying with family, but they're moving.
    I'm looking for an apartment/house for 2 adults. I've emailed Riverwalk, got no reply, tried phoning, no answer.
    So, if anyone knows of anything available in town, or Dunmore I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks,

M

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Does it have to be a house/apartment? Why not a B&B/Hotel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭MunsterM

Sully wrote: »
    Does it have to be a house/apartment? Why not a B&B/Hotel?

Prefer to go self catering really. Eating out starts to get expensive.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

MunsterM wrote: »
    Prefer to go self catering really. Eating out starts to get expensive.

M
    seein hotels are triple
    ing their prices yer better off.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Where I live there are two pretty nice looking show houses. They really should be renting them out for events like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Brook2

Hi all. I am new to this site and have just noticed that two people are looking for accommodation in Waterford for the Tall Ships W/E. I have a two bed apartment (sleeps four) in Waterford city centre which I would be willing to rent to people who would treat it with respect. I don't know if it is appropriate for me to offer this here? Let me know please. Thanks.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 bkflame

i have 2 spare rooms (double and single) to rent for the tall ships weekend. my house is a 20 minute walk from the city centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 culdin2011

Hi there

My house is available if you are still looking for accommodation?

Check out http://www.myhome.ie/lettings/brochure/holiday-house-with-hot-tub-tramore-co-waterford/1458027

Many thanks

Ruth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

Lol ah just put the people up in your spare rooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 aeroplane52

hi guys , i have a 3 bed semi for rent during the Tall Ships. Convenient ot City Center pm me if anyone interested

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭trevo

Hi,
    I'm also looking for accommodation. Was supposed to be staying with family, but they're moving.
    I'm looking for an apartment/house for 2 adults. I've emailed Riverwalk, got no reply, tried phoning, no answer.
    So, if anyone knows of anything available in town, or Dunmore I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks,

M

hello new to this myself, but I have a 2bed apartment over looking the river in the center of the city. even if its rainning you can watch the fireworks from every window. pm if any 1 fancys it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 bkflame

Hi,

Thanks,

M
    Hi I have a double room, with double bed to rent, ideal for a couple. Are ye a couple or 2 friends? I'm at bkflame@gmail.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 tallshippers11

young couple have a spare room to rent over the tall ships weekend. room consists of 2 single beds, house is located within 5 min walk of quay side and town centre. please PM if interested :)

Advertisement