Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biology Diagrams

• 01-06-2011 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

hey guys,
    Just wondering exactly which diagrams you'll have to know how to draw?
    For example, I realise you need to know the functions of each part of the male reproductive system, and know their location.
    But do you have to know how to draw it? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭MarkTheBaby

I'd say have a fairly good Idea of the layout and labels of all diagrams. You could easily get a diagram to draw so know your stuff.

Try learn off the smaller details because they get you the marks eg. cowpers gland and prostate gland on the male rep. system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Framble

Yes, they asked to draw that last year though so it's probably less likely to come up again this year. Know how to draw the female menstrual cycle too.
    Here's everything else they've ever asked people to draw:
    A reflex arc (Nervous System)
    Show the relationship between the liver, small intestine and hepatic portal vein.
    Human Male Reproductive system
    Human Female Reproductive system
    A nucleotide (DNA and RNA)
    TS of a young root
    Human breathing system (include diaphragm and intercostal muscles)
    A synovial joint
    Typical bacterial cell
    A nephron
    Human female reproductive system
    A synaptic cleft
    How a zygospore forms
    2003 Sample
    Endospermic seed to show the structure of an embryo

And of course all the experiment diagrams...

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭dtmc

biggaman wrote: »
    hey guys,
    Just wondering exactly which diagrams you'll have to know how to draw?
    For example, I realise you need to know the functions of each part of the male reproductive system, and know their location.
    But do you have to know how to draw it? :)

Yeah, knowing how to draw most of the diagrams in your book would be a good idea. I know there's a lot of them but they could easily ask for a specific one and even if they don't you could always draw one in addition to some text if you're having difficulty explaining something - they'll be more likely to think that you know what you're talking about then as opposed to having a load of waffle on the page trying to explain something.

Advertisement