Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jeff Mangum Vicar St. 7 March 2012

Options
  • 01-06-2011 11:51am
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Vicar St

Tickets on sale Friday. 20E inc booking fee.

Foggy Notions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

nice one!, dont think tickets will be on sale for too long for this one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Hexagrams

Should have kept this one a secret :D. I'll be first in line for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭u140acro3xs7dm

Sold out already!!:eek:

Edit: maybe I was trying too early. Got me 2 tickets, Result!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Danco

Looks sold out alright.

Bagged two tickets for this bang on 9. Happy days!

Delighted to get tickets for this, €19.50 on tickets.ie lovely to see someone selling them cheaper than ticketmaster, hopefully no clowns try to to take pictures or record him and just enjoy the music

• Advertisement

indiewindy wrote: »
    Delighted to get tickets for this, €19.50 on tickets.ie lovely to see someone selling them cheaper than ticketmaster, hopefully no clowns try to to take pictures or record him and just enjoy the music
    Why didnt someone mention they were available on tickets.ie. Just gave ticketbastard my money, I hate them so much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Danco

Yeah, I went with tickets.ie too, what a bunch of winners! €40 straight up for two tickets including postage, can't say fairer than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 kanedaly60

WAAAhhh. Tickmaster bastards failed me as usual. Going to do everything in my power to secure a ticket.

kanedaly60 wrote: »
    WAAAhhh. Tickmaster bastards failed me as usual. Going to do everything in my power to secure a ticket.
    I'll sell you one for................. 1 million dollars :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Ughh missed out on tickets for this this morning and in the spirit of being kind...

WAV ticket office have a limitied number of tickets onsale at noon.

Things i do for ye...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭whelanslive

Unfortunately there was already a queue at Wav since early this morning so rather than make them wait until 1pm we opened early and Jeff Magnum tickets are now sold out at Wav too. Sorry folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

lordgoat wrote: »
    Ughh missed out on tickets for this this morning and in the spirit of being kind...

WAV ticket office have a limitied number of tickets onsale at noon.

Things i do for ye...

Thank you so so much, got down there at 1145 and they opened up soon after, got my tickets and am giddy with excitement now, will have to try and calm down as it's 5 months away.

Thanks again.

Glad you got tickets. I, being stuck in work am still without, hopefully i'll get sorted closer to the date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 comrade_mario

Unfortunately there was already a queue at Wav since early this morning so rather than make them wait until 1pm we opened early and Jeff Magnum tickets are now sold out at Wav too. Sorry folks.

Awesome for those of us that skipped out on lunch early, got there in plenty of time and found Sold Out signs 15 minutes before the Box Office was even meant to open.

Cheers for that

Awesome for those of us that skipped out on lunch early, got there in plenty of time and found Sold Out signs 15 minutes before the Box Office was even meant to open.

Cheers for that

You still wouldn't have gotten a ticket dude. The people that were there had mostly been queing all morning and the queue would have been the same size even if we had not opened the doors early. The only outcome that was changed was that we saved a load of people having to wait around all morning for something that they were going to get anyway. Apologies if you feel aggrieved though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 comrade_mario

You still wouldn't have gotten a ticket dude. The people that were there had mostly been queing all morning and the queue would have been the same size even if we had not opened the doors early. The only outcome that was changed was that we saved a load of people having to wait around all morning for something that they were going to get anyway. Apologies if you feel aggrieved though.

Would have been nice if you'd had put on your website you'd be opening early, or that you had opened early, to save those of that went to your website to check opening times for the box office the trip down and extra time added on to work though

Would have been nice if you'd had put on your website you'd be opening early, or that you had opened early, to save those of that went to your website to check opening times for the box office the trip down and extra time added on to work though

Yeah, that's fair enough. We did do this but not in time to avoid inconveniencing a few folk in the process. Genuine apologies for that dude. It was a bit of a mad morning and certain details got temporarily overlooked in the melee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

ugh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

ugh

This gig is sold out. If anyone post looking for a ticket, mentioning a ticket for sale, or just hinting about needing a ticket, they'll be banned til after the gig.

• Advertisement

This is being upgraded to vicar Street, tickets go back on sale on Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Plops! Was looking forward to seeing him in Whelans. Ah well should help all the folk who were looking for tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭glanman

Thank you to all who made the move to Vicar Street happen:) Had almost given up hope of finding a ticket!

He played an impromptu set at the occupy wall street protest the other night, wow...

http://pitchfork.com/news/40910-jeff-mangum-performs-surprise-show-in-brooklyn/

Appears to be sold out now...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

What's the story with tickets for this now?

keane2097 wrote: »

Tickets bought for whelans are now unreserved seating downstairs for Vicar Street and it looks like the extra tickets are now all sold

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

indiewindy wrote: »
    Tickets bought for whelans are now unreserved seating downstairs for Vicar Street and it looks like the extra tickets are now all sold

Curses.

keane2097 wrote: »

Keep an eye over on toutless I know a few people that have spares to this putting them up over there.

Also pop into the thread more often, someone always has updates if things change about gigs. Or get your self set up on twitter!

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭ned rierson

just got a ticket on ticketmaster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

There are still tickets available for this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭groggles11

Thankfully it got the move to the venue it deserved. Too many people without tickets to justify it being kept in Whelans I think. Delighted about this now, been waiting years for a chance to see him...had been investigating going to the ATP instead but wouldnt of happened cause of work. Anyone seen any of the setlists for his shows recently?

Advertisement