Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jeff Mangum Vicar St. 7 March 2012

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Just got an email and text from Ticketmaster about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭ellieswellies

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    What's another 3 months after 10 years? Well, I guess, but it was staving my Winter from being completely miserable.
    Ugh me too. At least I've a few days off work and some plane tickets to Dublin to fool around with now instead :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Pwezem

I will be banned if i post like i did the last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭pauliewallie

Both albums are great, not sure which I prefer, to be honest. Got into In An Aeroplane Over The Sea first, but it took me a long time to really get it. Kept hearing how good it was off friends, but his voice just grated with me too much. Got into On Avery Island straight away, but I'm not sure if that's because I already liked the second album so much. I think it's a bit more accessible though.

right, finally got around to listening to 'in an aeroplane ...' have to agree I find the voice is quite grating at times but I am digging the lyrics and some of the instrumentation like the trumpets (?) at the start of 'Fool' are great. only listened twice so far so will give it a fair chance before making my mind up .....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

tickets are back on sale on ticketmaster for ground floor unreserved

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭ronano

god damn ticketmaster isnt working :(

NEED A TICKET

try tickets.ie too.

ronano wrote: »
    god damn ticketmaster isnt working :(

NEED A TICKET

probably a problem with your browser, it will work in firefox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Is this actually going to go ahead this time?!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 diginose

anyone know

support?

expected time onstage for jeff?

anyone know

support?

expected time onstage for jeff?

Cian Nugent is the support act
    dont know onstage time for Jeff, though Vicar Street main acts are usually on around 9pm

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Vim Fuego

I just picked up a ground floor unreserved ticket for this on ticketmaster. Jammy as I had completely given up once I saw Whelans was sold out, then never heard about the reschedule. Delighted to say the least.

Vim Fuego wrote: »
    I just picked up a ground floor unreserved ticket for this on ticketmaster. Jammy as I had completely given up once I saw Whelans was sold out, then never heard about the reschedule. Delighted to say the least.

They've been releasing batches of tickets th last few weeks.

@foggynotions on twitter to be kept in the loop.

Still tickets left. Not many though.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

How do you know there's not many left?

How do you know there's not many left?

Here's Leagues' tweet from yesterday.

Leagues O'Toole ‏ @foggynotions
    Jeff Mangum (Neutral Milk Hotel) Dublin show will finally happen in Vicar St next Wed March 7. last few tix on sale now bit.ly/zyYMLU

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

Ahh ok, was wondering if there was some way of checking that I'd managed to miss.

straight from foggy notions

tomorrow night Vicar Street: Jeff Mangum (Neutral Milk Hotel) onstage 9.30. Cian Nugent 8.30 - all original tickets valid

• Registered Users Posts: 30 catbird

I've been having dreams about this for last 3 nights ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Gerty

catbird wrote: »
    I've been having dreams about this for last 3 nights ha

Ain't you sitting pretty in the catbird seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,580 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Seems to be tickets on TM right now.

really enjoyed it! the crowd didnt seem too into it and i thought it kinda impacted his performance

two tossers beside me on phone all gig,ugh why go

really enjoyed it! the crowd didnt seem too into it and i thought it kinda impacted his performance

Wherebouts were you? I was sitting on the balcony and thought the crowd were super.

Awesome gig. Loved it.

Thought the crowd were great as well although.

Can't say I enjoyed the support act tbh, the guy is obv a great guitar player but his songs self-indulgent to the point of absurdity.

Thought Jeff himself was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Agree about the support act. He played some lovely tunes, but his songs seemed very 14 year old in their bedroom stuff, but hey, I'm prob just jealous that he gets to play in Vicar Street and i never did.

Mr. Magnum was amazin, short enough gig but really impressive. Some set of lungs on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,382 ✭✭✭Morgans

Echoing previous sentiments.

Great gig. I enjoyed the crowd. Respectful until the lighters came out.

Hope support act ends up successful but thought he was awful last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭ned rierson

i often wonder if people are enjoying the gig so much, why the need to take out their phones and tweet about it. they cant be too enthralled by the music if they are distracted to fumble around with a piece of plastic to type "look at me, i'm so cool at this trendy gig".

his songs seemed very 14 year old in their bedroom stuff

Yeah that is exactly how my mate described it as well, pity because it would have been nice to have something a bit more up-tempo since Mangum played a short enough set himself.
    Morgans wrote: »
    Great gig. I enjoyed the crowd. Respectful until the lighters came out.

I thought the lighters were great!

What I really hate is goons shouting the names of songs at the guy on stage, so aggravating. Every time I've seen it happen the act seems to hate it, pretty much guarantees your desired song won't get played.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭ellieswellies

Loved it!! Definitely worth the wait. Off to California next month to see him play again at Coachella!

Advertisement