Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lynx in Tesco

Options
  • 01-06-2011 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭

Has been €2.50 per can for the last 12 months
    Maximum €3.

Now they're advertising it on special offer @ 2 for €7
    :confused:

4 cans of John West Tuna for €7:confused:

I'll stick to Aldi, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

is there any difference in sizes of the special offer products against the "normal" priced products.

Lynx I cant say but on the JW fish there is are a number of different sized tins.

It reminds me of a Lucozade sport bottle thats out there advertised as "25% extra free" on the bottle flashed.

the argument often said was that a standard 500mls bottle was (example only) €1.50 but the extra fill bottle was €1.85 (again example only but you get the gist)

however if you read the extra fill bottle it was actually originally a 600mls bottle now with 25% extra free. hence the obvious price difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Shelflife

do aldi sell lynx and jw tuna?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Here’s a great example for Tesco customers:
    Garnier Body Intensive 7D Mango 250Ml

Reduced on the UK website from £2.99 to £2
    http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=268060990

IDShot_225x225.jpg

Same product in an Irish Tesco reduced from €15 to €10:eek:
    http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=268060990

It is currently coming up as unavailable on the website but is on the shelf in my local tesco

I even emailed them and was told the price is correct!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

tesco are known for trying to up the prices and there was a good thing on pricing on RTE the consumer show about the supermarkets tricks less quantity new packaging etc making it look like your getting more.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

CH3OH wrote: »
    Here’s a great example for Tesco customers:
    Garnier Body Intensive 7D Mango 250Ml

Reduced on the UK website from £2.99 to £2
    http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=268060990

IDShot_225x225.jpg

Same product in an Irish Tesco reduced from €15 to €10:eek:
    http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=268060990

It is currently coming up as unavailable on the website but is on the shelf in my local tesco

I even emailed them and was told the price is correct!

We who ever you e-mailed was wrong. We removed it from the shelf when it came in around the 15th of June and reported it as a misprice, with all the other new Garnier products that came out that week like this:

IDShot_225x225.jpg

I'm still waiting for it to be fixed.

Can't say I remember the price for the lynx, but Superquinn have it at the same price.

There is a new 'XL' can on the way, it will be on sale Tuesday, no idea how much...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Thanks wmpdd3 for the reply.

I had bought this product in another retailer and I think i paid around €3 for it.

I emailed Tesco on the 25th May and got a reply on the 30th.
    Part of the reply:
    "Having looked into this matter, I can confirm that the prices stated on our Tesco Ireland and Tesco UK site are correct for the Garnier Body Intensive 7D Mango 250Ml........"

It is still on the shelf in my local tesco. Must check and see what it is scanning at tomorrow..

update Sunday.... still on the shelf and scanning at €10.06. What is even more shocking is that there is less of it there!! Someone is actually buying it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Dannyboy83 wrote: »
    Has been €2.50 per can for the last 12 months
    Maximum €3.

I've only ever seen them for €3.99, and the occasional 2 for €6 offer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭TheInquisitor

This sounds completely incorrect. Cans of Lynx are price marked over in the UK at £2.79 at the moment. Normally retailing at around the £3 mark. So there's no way for the last 12 months tesco had them at that price or if they did it was completely incorrect pricing which i doubt they wouldn't spot for a year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭TheAnswer

All supermarket chains (Tesco one of the guiltiest) will double the price of a product for a period of 30 days just so they can then advertise it as half price when they return it to its original price, this practice, incredibly, is perfectly legal!
    The extra sales during the half price period more than cover the very low sales when the product's price is doubled.
    So if you see a product in your local supermarket that seems to be ridiculously priced, you can be assured it'll have a half price or BOGOF sticker on it in a couple of weeks time.

I can guarantee you this does not happen.

Do you really think no customers would notice this?

If the prices rise by more than 5c, the guys always tell the manager in that section because you can be sure customers will complain.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭TheAnswer

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    I can guarantee you this does not happen.

Do you really think no customers would notice this?

If the prices rise by more than 5c, the guys always tell the manager in that section because you can be sure customers will complain.

I'm not going to get into a circular argument with you but bloody sure it happens! Customers do notice but just don't buy the product in that store at that time, BBC's Panorama even did a programme about it FFS! This is what really gets up my nose about the big chains, the strokes they pull and the lies they tell to get the sheeple into the stores. That same Panorama programme also did a like for like shopping basket of products between a Tesco and individual "local" shops nearby (it was actually done on Kings Road in London) and the only local shop that was dearer was the butchers and even then it wasn't much dearer. "Supermarkets are cheaper" is the greatest lie that has ever been sold to the public.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

TheAnswer wrote: »
    I'm not going to get into a circular argument with you but bloody sure it happens! Customers do notice but just don't buy the product in that store at that time, BBC's Panorama even did a programme about it FFS! This is what really gets up my nose about the big chains, the strokes they pull and the lies they tell to get the sheeple into the stores. That same Panorama programme also did a like for like shopping basket of products between a Tesco and individual "local" shops nearby (it was actually done on Kings Road in London) and the only local shop that was dearer was the butchers and even then it wasn't much dearer. "Supermarkets are cheaper" is the greatest lie that has ever been sold to the public.

I stopped reading at "Panorama"

TheAnswer wrote: »

Am, OK we'll agree to disagree....

I'm surprised the butchers was dearer than the supermarket, mine is a bit cheaper, but I don't eat meat so I couldn't really say if I was comparing like with like.

The new bigger can of lynx is €5!

Advertisement