Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

shaking and rowing

• 01-06-2011 12:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭

lads
    just from a thread there recently about haybobs etc got me thinking, I have an 8ft mower and I find its a dose to be going round and round a field baling 8ft rows, is there any machine which would serve as a shaker and/or row up 2 x8ft swarths, I was thinking of a lely stabilo 600 but i think that still only makes a 10ft row?? I could be totally wrong about that.
    I see some single rotar rakes but they dont shake I guess so just figured a machine that does both would be afwal handy..any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 733 ✭✭✭jeff greene

Fransgard RV390 will do 2 eight foots, its just a haybob on steroids:), in reality there isn't a machine that will do both jobs as well as a tedder and a rake. The Lely 600 will ted 20' and make two 10' rows, not too bad really. Lely Rotunda is a nice rake for a baler, single rotors are very operator dependent to get an even row.

For silage, just open the doors out or take them off for a wide spread, or maybe your mower can have a spreader plate fitted.

Advertisement