Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

only achieved 35 credits...

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Sefirah

Get off your high horse. People make mistakes. The OP will pay for consequences of their mistake and hopefully learn from it. They are just looking for advice about how to go about this.

There's making mistakes, and there's completely bombing it. But I do hope that they learn from it and that our tax money isn't going towards people who don't appear to give a sh*t about university

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Zephyr91

Sefirah wrote: »
    There's making mistakes, and there's completely bombing it. But I do hope that they learn from it and that our tax money isn't going towards people who don't appear to give a sh*t about university
    If he's picking himself up off the ground, repeating the ones he's failed and making more an effort - rather than just giving up and dropping out - it obviously means that he gives a sh!t about university!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Sefirah

Zephyr91 wrote: »
    If he's picking himself up off the ground, repeating the ones he's failed and making more an effort - rather than just giving up and dropping out - it obviously means that he gives a sh!t about university!

I'm not talking specifically about the OP, as I didn't include those who actually have personal issues who impeded them, but come ON- for people to fail so many modules in 1st year, it's just taking the piss out of the system

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭supernutrino

If you fail that many you need to ask yourself what went wrong, and not take such a flippant "i was prepared to repeat" attitude to things.
    Assuming there was no serious extenuating circumstances, you need to ask yourself "whats going to be different next time" and if this is really the course for you, or do you need to change to something that interests you more, is there something wrong with your work ethic, or are you unenthusiastic about the course because it does not interest you that much, did you pick it because you wanted it or because it was easy points/you didn't know what to pick...

Do some self reflection and you'll not make the same mistakes twice.

Sefirah wrote: »

At least when he f**ked up he will be the one to pay the consequences, literally and there will be fee and grant implications, genuine consequences.

If your worried about you tax money paying the bill for people who f**cked up, I think these guys may have cost us slightly more money than an arts student repeating a few modules:

logo_bank_ireland.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQjTRz20Y9-IKFsyHfpDtxr3GAbkohXwzurTBGzuvVIKGpUblRx7g

AIB_logo.gif

goldman-sachs-logo.jpg

Citigroup.jpg

EBS%20Logo_thumb.gif

1_Irish_Life_And_Permanent.jpg
    The breathtaking losses in Allied Irish Bank (AIB), Bank of Ireland, Irish Life and Permanent (IL&P) and the EBS building society will be set out as the Republic’s new coalition government attempts to finally measure the debt mountain. It is expected to say Irish banks need about another €30bn (£26bn) to stay open

Advertisement