Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal and Lead robbed from roof of St Martins special school.

• 01-06-2011 12:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭

I'd like to say i'm surprised this happened but i'm not, just pure scum whoever done this, it's a special needs school for f**ks sake. They reckon about 3,000 in damage was done in two attacks on the school, first one was the start of May and the second was just last Weekend.

I'd have a good guess at who done this, i mean who would have a need for metal and lead.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Boooourns wrote: »
    I'd have a good guess at who done this, i mean who would have a need for metal and lead.

Iron Man!

All joking aside, I recall a story about something like this happening in London and Google Earth helping to catch the thieves. I think one of the metals fetches good money.

Edit: The thief actually used Google Earth to locate target buildings
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/4995293/Google-Earth-used-by-thief-to-pinpoint-buildings-with-valuable-lead-roofs.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Boooourns wrote: »
    I'd like to say i'm surprised this happened but i'm not, just pure scum whoever done this, it's a special needs school for f**ks sake. They reckon about 3,000 in damage was done in two attacks on the school, first one was the start of May and the second was just last Weekend.

If it's copper, there is big demand for it at the moment with scrap merchants, we had a heap of scrap taken away from the farm at home and there was a bit of copper pipes in it, one of the men werent long taking it and putting it in the boot of his car.
    Buts its pretty low to target a special needs school.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I guess if you have gone as far to turn to crime very few people would have any morals left to worry about it being a special needs school or home of a man at the time of his funeral (as we discussed on another thread).

I'm not surprised by anything anymore TBH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

The place must be well scouted out for there to have been two seperate incidents there. Needless to say, we all know that those who would carry out such a robbery have are ruthless and care about nobody but themselves!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

It's the copper they were after. I live in Ashley Drive. You can see the damage walking past. It's on the Main Road side, the part at the back. Looks like they climbed up bu the front door and got up onto the roof from there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Unbelievable how people are stooping so low for money these days!! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

It's sickening to think how low some people go.

This, the bandstand in the park vandalised and a house in Viewmount used for growing drugs makes depressing reading.

Advertisement