Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An open letter to the Bar Staff of certain pubs in Galway

Options
  • 01-06-2011 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭

When pouring a pint of Guinness with one hand and pulling another pint with the other please don't hold the pint glass by placing a finger inside the rim.
    The lads and lassies in <snip> are notorious for this and it really annoys me.
    How hard is it to hold the glass towards the base?
    Having worked in bars for years this was always a big no-no!!It ain't difficult, and think of the poor punter that gets your greasy, dirty, broken nail varnished thumb resting in their pint.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Johnnio13 wrote: »
    think of the poor punter that gets your greasy, dirty, broken nail varnished thumb resting in their pint.

Jaysus, I don't know what kind of drinking establishment you frequent that has such a low hygienic standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Shanley

<snip> has been my regular for years and having also worked in bars for years that it something I would have noticed which I personally have never seen.

Stupid thread IMO??

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Johnnio13

Shanley wrote: »
    <snip> has been my regular for years and having also worked in bars for years that it something I would have noticed which I personally have never seen.

Stupid thread IMO??

Opinion duly noted. I have said it to two staff in <snip> on two separate occasions in the last two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

Johnnio13 wrote: »
    Opinion duly noted. I have said it to two staff in <snip> on two separate occasions in the last two weeks.
    then why the open letter?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

McTigs wrote: »
    then why the open letter?
    i would imagine to see if others have similar opinions.

Personally if you were to worry where evryones hands have been before you are served food, drink, etc etc then you would do your own head in. If you have told them then let that be it or move pub.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

I think I might have seen this happening once in my whole time in galway. To be honest I dont think its an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I've seen it a few times in clubs where they try to multi-task by putting a finger on the edge so they can feel if it runs over while looking somewhere else.
    But I never seen it done with Guinness, my drink of choice.

The OPs reference to a certain establishment might get boards in trouble so removed.
    Any Curious George's can PM for the name.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

I hope theres no bar actually called <snip> in galway! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

PM me the name of this pub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Ah, "the vasectomy arms", my favorite pub.
    Second only to the "tubes tied tavern".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Johnnio13

i would imagine to see if others have similar opinions.

Personally if you were to worry where evryones hands have been before you are served food, drink, etc etc then you would do your own head in. If you have told them then let that be it or move pub.

Thats true Ben. Its just having worked in the game for so long it really bugs me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

I work in a bar in town. Never seen it. pm Me the name of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Curious Geroge

biko wrote: »
    I've seen it a few times in clubs where they try to multi-task by putting a finger on the edge so they can feel if it runs over while looking somewhere else.
    But I never seen it done with Guinness, my drink of choice.

The OPs reference to a certain establishment might get boards in trouble so removed.
    Any Curious George's can PM for the name.

thinkin about it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

mikom wrote: »
    Ah, "the vasectomy arms", my favorite pub.
    Second only to the "tubes tied tavern".
    The most popular Jewish pub in Ireland :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭proulx

could you please pm the name to me. Thanks

Advertisement