Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Radio

Options
  • 01-06-2011 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭

So the radio in my car is fooked. The security code has apparently stopped working and I've been told I need the security chip replaced so it'll work again. I'm thinking of just replacing the whole thing altogether for something with a cd player. Where in Cork would be a good place to get a new radio, preferably somewhere that will install it and all for me?
    (Also, mods, if you think this should be in motors, feel free to move it)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

halfords have a sony xplod (model number not to hand) for 70 but still marked as 85 or something in mahon. they fit for 30 quid I think. I bought it last weekend. seems fine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Aodan83

I quite like the look of that, nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

no bother

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

halfords have a fairly good choice but they tend to mess people around too much, my radio (sony explod) came with free fitting, but they said they couldnt do it that day because they were busy!
    i was silly enough to go back but they did eventually fit it and for free,

there is another place in ballincollig that i have heard is good, i cant remember the name though:o

edit: if they are charging €30 for fitting id say they wouldnt have a problem doing it straight away, it only takes a few minutes with some stereos,

Ya, was looking it up there. handy little feature is the "Will this fit in my car" thing. Apparently I also have to get a fascia thing (which I already kind of knew) and some other thing for the back of it for it to fit properly in my car. Both of these cost €20, bringing the total cost for radio, fitting and extra fitting it in the car bits to €140. Good thing I'm not looking for an expensive radio...
    @Bladebrew: Hmm, I'll have a bit of a google there and see sure and see what comes up.
    EDIT: Could it have been Automania?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

What type of car?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

mm my manfriend was actually trying to give away an car raidio he had in his old car but ne body wanted it. I can ask him what type and all that if you wanted..

What type of car?
    Ford Fiesta.
    Milly33 wrote: »
    mm my manfriend was actually trying to give away an car raidio he had in his old car but ne body wanted it. I can ask him what type and all that if you wanted..
    Do, worth a look anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭calnand

The place in ballincollig is called automania i think, i got told to go there by the halfords people to get a fascia for my radio, keep an eye out in lidl/aldi they get in a good radio for around 70 and it was fairly easy to install myself.

sorry i was off this for a while but Ill check with him today for you, some chap was suppose to call about it but I dont think he did...So i shall let you know later on this evening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

There's one for sale on Gumtree at the moment for 30 Euro, seems decent enough too.

http://www.gumtree.ie/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/car-radio-jvc-kd-g331-cd-player-4x50w-wma-mp3/81548445

Get that, get a ford -> iso adapter lead, and a fascia adapter, and it's about 10-15 minutes to fit it.

Id say work away, I asked again last nite is the other chap taking the radio and he must still contact him..Sorry hope you find one

Advertisement