Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSc Computer Science (Conversion Course) Hours per week

Options
  • 01-06-2011 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I know there has been some discussion on this course before in regard to its merits, qualification standard etc. but that's not what I'm interested in. I have been accepted for a place on this course and it is what I want to do. I'm currently in full time employment.

I would like to continue working in my current job in a part time capacity. The option is there for me but I can't find any information about timetables or workloads etc. Is anyone in this course or has anyone completed it. How many hours per week are spent in college and how intense is the workload.

With the current economic situation it will be difficult if not impossible to find another job and lets be honest the grant is worth sweet F A aside from rent payments.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

I don't know anything about the course I'm afraid, but one thing I'll say is that timetables change from year to year. The workload and hours will probably remain largely similar but when they are on can change. So if you are looking for that you won't get anything useful here. Your best bet is to contact the school directly for that information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

A mate of mine is doing it atm, and the impression I've gotten is that the course is about a 168 hour week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭adocholiday

Was afraid of that but I'm supporting myself so will need some form of income small as it may be. Thanks for the replies lads much appreciated

Advertisement