Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

question re line

Options
  • 01-06-2011 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭

Hi just wanted to know if an eircom rep can give me a brief answer to this question?

I recently moved into a new rented house, phoneline is there and active.

Went to vodafone as i will be cancelling my mobile broadband with them so have to use them for the home broadband as i will be getting out of the contract early.

Any way got a call from the rep today saying the line was active but eircom wont release it so there must be some issue like an outstanding bill on the account.

So if there is an outstanding bill what does this mean for me? I'm only in the house three weeks and i sure wont be paying somebodys bill!!

Not looking to wreck anybodys head here just want to know where i stand before contatcting the landlord.

Thanks in advance,

Niall Timony.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

feelpablo wrote: »
    Hi just wanted to know if an eircom rep can give me a brief answer to this question?

I recently moved into a new rented house, phoneline is there and active.

Went to vodafone as i will be cancelling my mobile broadband with them so have to use them for the home broadband as i will be getting out of the contract early.

Any way got a call from the rep today saying the line was active but eircom wont release it so there must be some issue like an outstanding bill on the account.

So if there is an outstanding bill what does this mean for me? I'm only in the house three weeks and i sure wont be paying somebodys bill!!

Not looking to wreck anybodys head here just want to know where i stand before contatcting the landlord.

Thanks in advance,

Niall Timony.

Hi Niall,

Can you Pm me with the full address of the line in question and I can check that out for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭feelpablo

Pm sent Mark, Thanks.

Pm sent Mark, Thanks.

Hi PM you back,

Thanks, Mark

Thanks for your help Mark..much appreciated

Thanks for your help Mark..much appreciated

No problem Niall :)

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement

No problem Niall :)

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark, another question for you!

I got my new number and line working. I know the engineer that was sent out and he told me that the broadband serving the area was very good that i should expect 12-14 mb.

I rang to order broadband today and was told i could only get 1 mb which will really be useless to me.

Could you check this out for me and either verify that the speed my line can handle and if there is any chance of being upgraded.

Regards,

Niall Timony.

Hi Mark, another question for you!

I got my new number and line working. I know the engineer that was sent out and he told me that the broadband serving the area was very good that i should expect 12-14 mb.

I rang to order broadband today and was told i could only get 1 mb which will really be useless to me.

Could you check this out for me and either verify that the speed my line can handle and if there is any chance of being upgraded.

Regards,

Niall Timony.

Can you PM me with your new telephone number or account number and I will check that out for you.

Thanks, Mark

Any word on this guys?

Any word on this guys?

Hi Niall,

I am afraid it may be next week before the new test results are updated on the system.

Thanks, Mark

Any update on this Mark?

• Advertisement

Any update on this Mark?

Hi Niall,

The test completed on the 18/06/11 and the line is showing a bandwidth capacity of between 15-20MB. So you can go ahead and issue the order online if you wish.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Niall,

The test completed on the 18/06/11 and the line is showing a bandwidth capacity of between 15-20MB. So you can go ahead and issue the order online if you wish.

Thanks, Mark

Mark,

Thanks a million for all your help with this matter, thats great news for me and i appreciate all your help.

Thanks again,

Niall Timony.

Mark,

Thanks a million for all your help with this matter, thats great news for me and i appreciate all your help.

Thanks again,

Niall Timony.

Hi Niall,

No problem :)

Mark

Advertisement