Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoFoBoMo 2011

Options
  • 01-06-2011 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭

1 month to go - any takers?

Runs from 1st July to 31st August. 31 days, 35 photos, 1 pdf.

See previous SoFoBoMo threads here or visit sofobomo.org

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭dave66

Yup, I signed up a while ago. Did it last year (book is here) and while it can be challenging I found it both helped with my photography and was rewarding.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

ok, i've just announced to the world i'm doing it.

(damn you twitter :D)

now, just to procrastinate over what I might do

think * think * think *

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

First time hearing this! And I'm doing it!

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭EyeBlinks

If there is a foolproof (fool being me!) way of producing the book at the end, I'd give it a go again!

Completed one but never produced a book. Gave up in frustration at the software!

Books don't need to be creative, just pop them into Works or something like that to create a PDF, I'm looking into tutorials now on how to use InDesign to give that a try! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭EyeBlinks

Books don't need to be creative, just pop them into Works or something like that to create a PDF, I'm looking into tutorials now on how to use InDesign to give that a try! :P

Let us know when you have one that works in three or four short steps. Couldn't be arsed if there's a learning curve or involves buying software. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭dakar

EyeBlinks wrote: »
    If there is a foolproof (fool being me!) way of producing the book at the end, I'd give it a go again!

Completed one but never produced a book. Gave up in frustration at the software!

You take the pictures. I'll produce the book for you.

There. Simple :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Never heard of this, absolutely doing it. I need the stimulus. There's only so many pics of my kids I can take!

just bumping this to remind people - it starts tomorrow :eek: but it's a "fuzzy" month so don't panic just yet if you were hoping to get going.
    SoFoBoMo uses a "fuzzy month". To participate in SoFoBoMo 2011, you pick a 31 day period that starts no earlier than July 1, 2011, and ends no later than August 31, 2011. In other words, if you start at noon on July 1, your month ends at noon on August 1. If you start on July 15, your month ends on August 15. And if you start on July 31, your month ends on August 31.

http://www.sofobomo.org

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

I don't have a clue what to do it on, I don't like the idea of "random photos" and want a theme to stick to.

Any ideas ? :pac:

• Advertisement

i've a couple of ideas - b/w, or retro, or 35 important things, or intentional camera movement, or streets/urban, or some places i've been meaning to get to.... um.... or a combination of all of the above(!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

I like the b/w idea :)

Might steal that on you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Might give this a go. ****, only 3 hours to prepare ><

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Just signed up.. not sure what I'm getting myself into.. but my theme will be B&W. Need a project to help me continue to learn - stepping stones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

Co-incidently one of the daily deals has something that might be relevant to anyone doing this.

http://www.dealrush.ie/today.php?id=297

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭sumsar

I just found out about this now... and with my lack of photos the last year I think it's the perfect time to get the dust off my camera! good luck to everyone taking part!

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭chevron

Just saw this now, Will sign up tomorrow and start, Need time to think of what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭dakar

Jim wrote: »
    Might give this a go. ****, only 3 hours to prepare ><

You can start any time this month. The 'fuzzy month' means 1st July to 1st August, or 16th July to 16th August or whatever date suits as long as you start in July and finish in one month. I'm starting on Sunday. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭jaansu

Sounds great. It's the book thing that scares me, I'll have a read of the site and then maybe...

jaansu wrote: »
    Sounds great. It's the book thing that scares me, I'll have a read of the site and then maybe...

The book is for most people a PDF. It is entirely up to you should you wish to publish one to print format.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭sumsar

has everybody decided on there theme for this? I think I have, I have 2 ideas and since I'll be starting within the next week I'll have decided by then which to go for!

Still deciding on my theme, its Mardi Gras tonight so I might try base it on something around that!

Advertisement