Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone line fault

Options
  • 01-06-2011 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭

I've had problems with my line for the last week or so. My broadband kept dropping it's connection every few minutes (dsl light would flash and Internet light would be red) and there's no dial tone on the phone at all. I disconnected all other devices - broadband, Sky TV, alarm etc and tested phone on it's own out of the main socket and still nothing, so I logged a fault over the weekend.

I got a missed call on my mobile today from a technician looking for directions to my house - I was in work so couldn't answer, the number was blocked and he didn't leave it in his voicemail. They must have found it okay because when my wife was home at lunch our neighbour told us that a couple of technicians had been there working on the line outside the house.

We've tested the line again and still no difference - no dial tone and dropping net connection.

Can we get this looked at again? And maybe a call in advance so we can try and have someone at home as we both work? I can PM my details.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Branoic wrote: »
    I've had problems with my line for the last week or so. My broadband kept dropping it's connection every few minutes (dsl light would flash and Internet light would be red) and there's no dial tone on the phone at all. I disconnected all other devices - broadband, Sky TV, alarm etc and tested phone on it's own out of the main socket and still nothing, so I logged a fault over the weekend.

I got a missed call on my mobile today from a technician looking for directions to my house - I was in work so couldn't answer, the number was blocked and he didn't leave it in his voicemail. They must have found it okay because when my wife was home at lunch our neighbour told us that a couple of technicians had been there working on the line outside the house.

We've tested the line again and still no difference - no dial tone and dropping net connection.

Can we get this looked at again? And maybe a call in advance so we can try and have someone at home as we both work? I can PM my details.

Hi Branoic
    if you PM me your tel. no. I can have a look at this for you.
    Tony

Advertisement